What's Left To Do For Full Initial Release?

dan001

Hi guys,

I was just wondering what with each major release having so much added, what is actually the list of features left to add or things to fix before you consider the build to be out of beta? I did have a trawl through the forum messages and there are various disparate references, but nothing up to date or consolidated.

I know that there are loads of things you probably want to add and will do even when released, but I am interested in getting an idea of specically what you are hoping to accomplish for full release? If you could add this as a stickied list to the forum that would be even better ;-)

Also, I want to add that I am not asking for any dates here at all :)

Cheers

Dan

We've deliberately not provided this info as it gives us more wriggle room :)

We do have a list of things to do, but they're sorted by priority and we're unsure as to where we'll be drawing the line right now. I'll do an update in Development Updates shortly that includes some of the key things we still need to do before release, though - but it's not going to be exhaustive, because we'd have to maintain it every time a new bug appears or is fixed and we decide to implement / cut a feature. That's time better spend elsewhere.

Hi Chris,

That's absolutely fine, I am not looking for fine detail - it is more about the higher level view so that we can get a general sense of progress to completion. I certainly wasn't implying a list of so much detail that maintenance of that list would become a drain on development. Again, it is also not about dates as bugs and scope changes always keep the plan shifting.

I guess the key thing for me is that my initial reaction on seeing a set of release notes is always "wow, that is a lot of stuff added in as well as the fixes" so the second thought is always "how much is there left if they managed to add all this huge amount of stuff in again!".

Cheers

Dan