[V8.9 - Ground Combat] Swapping Slots of One Handed Weapon Crashes Game

Hello, I was playing some Xenonauts today when I sent my Chinook to "intercept" a corvette crash site. During the battle, one of my soldiers was injured. Another soldier had a medkit in his backpack, and I put it in his left hand. I exited the inventory and clicked on the image to pull up the targeting, but, being obsessive, I decided to go back in my inventory and put the medkit in the right hand. Upon trying to close the inventory after swapping the hand, the game crashed.

I've reproduced this a number of times now, using a grenade as well as a handgun to trigger it, but as before with the medkit, only when you are switching the slots while the target cursor is up. It happens whether you are using an "aimed" shot or basic, and regardless of the level of action points the xenonaut has.

All in all I had this happen 4 times; once originally, and three times reproduced.

P.S.: Sorry if I left out anything important, first time I've reported a bug.

So the crash happens when you have (for example) a pistol equipped, right click to target with it then go into the inventory and change weapons while the target icon is active?

Mostly correct, but it isn't (in my experience) switching weapons while the target icon is active, it's switching the hand the weapon is in while the target icon is active.

Sorry to add to this issue Matthew (I've seen it elsewhere), I've had a similar result that doesn't CTD. In this case, the usual problem case of opening inventory in targeting mode results in this:

v8_9_Healgun.jpg

The soldier in this case healed his ally, and remained in 'targeting' before entering the inventory.

v8_9_healgun_MkII.jpg

The game functioned more or less normally, though switching weapons still left the green highlight. (a.k.a. Healgun), but targeting and firing didn't seem to work. Hitting ESC allowed safe escape from targeting.

v8_9_Missing_Portraits.jpg

And then, everyone's face fell off. I decided to stop playing.

v8_9_Healgun.jpg

v8_9_healgun_MkII.jpg

v8_9_Missing_Portraits.jpg

v8_9_Healgun.jpg.1047add614deb594406f528

v8_9_healgun_MkII.jpg.af850cbad0a5a6fea2

v8_9_Missing_Portraits.jpg.05c951e64cca2

Next time please open a new thread. This issue will be fixed. The main issue was, you could enter the inventory screen while in targeting mode, this caused the crash bug, and your issue too Sunshard. The next patch will fix it, and hopefully it will be released very soon :)