[V8.9] Air Combat - Weird Speed Issues

I noticed the xenonaut aircraft have started having odd speed variations in combat, particularly Migs:

In all combat the F-17 starts at 2000kph, and goes up to 3000kph when afterburners are triggered. However the Mig always starts at 2600kph but then immediately drops (to 2300kph when fighting a scout, 1800 with fighters and 1200 with corvettes). If you then switch afterburners on, the Mig shoots up to 3900kph and overtakes everything else.

I thought this might be to match ufo speed to avoid the 'suicidal overtaking' issue in earlier builds but makes little sense on the Mig at long range, and I'm not sure the afterburner speed should be anywhere near that high (3900kph is somewhere above Mach 3 at sea level and Mach 4 at higher altitude...).

Separate but similar issue: at the start of some engagements with a single UFO fighter, all xenonaut aircraft start at 0kph and accelerate up rather than the usual starting speed. Seems to happen randomly without any obvious trigger or pattern.