[V 19 Stable Hotfix on Steam] Duplicating Soldier?

So I was playing a terror UFO mission when I noticed that I suddenly have two of the same guy. I now have two Captain Aragorns and Im not sure what happened. I only know that Sauron is screwed.

First off, lots of things are wierd in the Shrike. I have only 10 guys but I am at full capacity. I think two injured people from the last mission were never allowed off, and that's probably an old bug.

But here is where it gets cool. In save EEE you can see my base before I take on a massive UFO carrier. My flight list only has 10 soldiers, but the icon that lets me move them around has 11, and this is where the second Captain Aragorn appears. On the battlescape, when Aragorn 1 moves, aragorn 2 remains as a ghost, people move through him, but once I click on a number (i believe 7) it activates him and he acts as normal.

I guess Shrikes are bugged really bad. There are some maps that the walls aren't even there on them.

Anyway, files are included. DDD is a save during the first turn of the mission. Aragorn 1 and 2 are close to each other. The autosave previous to that is the start of the mission. EEE is back at base before the Shrike headed out. And the other autosaves and blank save are not too important. Also, it seems that loading the first three saves isn't a problem but trying to load once on the battlescape causes a crash to desktop.

http://rapidshare.com/share/20E5277DD35B2FDF562FC5D1C188BE2A

Manually adding files isn't working.

Also my only regrets is that it didn't glitch and copy one of my good soldiers like Captain America or Zana.

Aaaand there we go, crashed on me. I think it was two turns in after loading DDD. I had stunned a Harridan in the far right barn, and while my team took the left field to the north and encountered aliens behind the fence, one harridan decided to charge my team. I stunned him too. It was during the alien's turn that a crash BSOD'd my computer, but that shouldn't be much of a concern. This thing is a damn Vista, if I blow too hard on it it crashes.

And one more update. It appears that the two characters are intrinsically linked via the Equipment tab. So if one Aragorn drew out his stun baton, so did the other. I am not clear how TUs factor into this. I recall at one point I had moved Aragorn 1 all the way up to the point that he had lost his TUs, and Aragorn 2 couldn't use his equipment despite being at full TUs.

Later, when one Aragorn died, the other Aragorn could not access his inventory any more, because opening it prompted the KIA message and he then lost all remaining TUs. Another crash got me so Im just going to try again.

• 2 weeks later...