Various bugs

Been playing the Steam release for quite some time now, figured it's about time to list up some bugs I've encountered and various placeholder stuff.

I suppose I forgot to add the version number to the thread title.

All bugs have been recorded on V19 Stable hotfix 02/09/2013. If a moderator could change the title to reflect that, I'd be very grateful.

1. Assault Shield upgrade. Researching the upgrade for the riot shield not only doesn't give access to the upgraded one, but also removes access to the default one, making you unable to issue shields to your soldiers. Unsure if this is meant to be manufactured or not, there is at least no option for me to do so.

2. Repeated terror site notifications. Upon completing terror missions I get large amounts of pop-up notifications notifying me that the city I just saved is under attack. It seems that the number of pop-ups might be linked to the amount of times I reload a save within said terror mission.

3. Grenade animation not finishing. It seems that giving new orders after having a soldier throw a grenade will cause the animation for throwing said grenade to not complete, leaving the soldier locked in place, unable to take further orders. I've been able to consistently reproduce this by attempting to throw a second grenade before the first one lands.

4. Sidewinder missiles not upgrading. While technically not a bug, it's painfully annoying to have to manually replace the Sidewinder missiles on new condor fighters.

5. Androns invulnerable to EMP grenades. Again, probably not a bug per definition, but when the flavor text for the EMP grenade specifically states it's going to be effective against robotic enemies, I'd expect that to include androns.

6. Research/manufacturing options with invalid namestrings (#####). Quite annoying to not be able to tell what you're trying to research because the research option lacks a proper name.

- 2nd vehicle research is simply listed as #####

- Some extraterrestrial tech unlocked by clearing a cruiser is also listed as #####

- Alien Presicion lacks flavor text

- Armor, Vehicles, Aircraft and their respective weapons all lack flavor text

7. Locked door in UFO. The door leading into the cockpit of the alien landing ship tends to glitch out, leaving it unable to be opened, forcing me to blow it open.

8. Wraith AI being flat-out cheap. One more, not really a bug, but rather something that ticked me off. Wraiths have a nasty tendency of teleporting behind my operatives and blasting them at point-blank range. As there seemingly doesn't seem to be a way to prevent them from doing so, I'd recommend tuning the TU cost for their teleportation ability to prevent them from firing their weapon after teleporting.

9. Loadout crash. Going into the loadout screen and opening the armor selection dropdown menu then hitting esc to jump back to the map view will make the game crash to desktop.

10. Medikits showing wrong TU costs. When using medikits to heal your operatives, it will sometimes show a wrong TU cost for the action.

11. The AI completely disregards fire and stun gas. No description required.

12. Alien interrogation. The officer interrogation research field does not point to the correct Xenopedia entry and instead opens up a blank Xenopedia page upon completion.

13. Infinite "Hidden movement" phase. I've got a terror mission in Oslo featuring sebillians and reapers where the AI's turn never ends. Savefile can be picked up here: http://www.filedropper.com/xenonautssavefiles

Kudos to whoever is able to read through that whole list in one sitting. Really enjoying the game so far, here's hoping that my little contribution will help you iron out some of the bugs.

Edited by Guggulf
Added more entries

Goldhawk prefers if you make new threads for each bug, it makes it easier for Matthew to track the bugs.

Some of these have already been reported so you could post in those threads adding any info you find relevant :)

for 10: what do you mean wrong TU cost? could the Tu cost include moving to the wounded soldier or turning towards him? have you rightclicked to increase the TU spent and HP healed without realizing what happend? or were you aware of that function and it was something else?

I mean that from time to time while healing up wounded operatives it'll show that it costs more or less than 5 TU to heal 5 HP, even while standing right next to the operative and facing him/her and the action clearly taking only 5 TU when executed.

And yeah, I'm aware that I can right-click to increase the amount of TUs spend to heal more HP at once, really nifty feature.

And I'll try to keep what you said about threads in mind. :)

I was under the impression the "wrong TU displayed" for the medpacks was a known and longstanding bug - pretty sure I saw it reported back in 18, and nothing has changed since then.

I've noticed the Andron immunity myself - quite annoying. The Wraits shouldn't be able to shoot after teleporting (I believe, anyway), so that would be a bug.

Most of the others have definitely been reported before, pretty recently.

Edited by GlyphGryph