[v19 SC1 / Geoscape] Unable to select any base buttons

Not entirely sure what causes this, but I'll frequently lose the ability to select any of the buttons on the geoscape to allow me to navigate to the various base screens. I can still click UFOs, send out intercepts, etc. and so on, and if something prompts me to go to base (research, workshop, etc.) going there fixes it.

Saving and reloading also fixes it, but it took me a bit to figure that out, heh. It happens pretty regularly so I'll try and keep track of exactly what I was doing leading up to it next time.

I've seen this many times before. I suspect it happens after alt-Tab'ing out to the desktop and back in, but I'm not 100% certain on that.

As GlyphGryph said, you can't click on any of the top buttons (research, manufacturing, soldiers, etc) from the Geoscape, but you can from within the base screen. But you don't need to wait for any even to bring you into the base -- you can click on the green square marking any of your bases and get into the base view and go to the other sections from there.

A similar effect I've seen after switching in and out of the game is that the mouse gets dislocated -- the actual click point ends up several (maybe 10-15) pixels higher than where it should be (pointy end of the cursor) so you have to click at the very bottom edge of an item for it to register properly.

Yeah, I've had the dislocation after alt-tabbing too, but this doesn't seem related. Did not know I could click the bases to get to them - that will certainly make things a bit less frustrating than saving and reloading (although that already wasn't that bad). I'd imagine the keybindings work as well, but I'll check for sure tonight - it seems to be solely related to actually manually clicking the button icons.

• 1 month later...