Modding sound question

Jsleezy

I was trying to add more sounds to the footsteps code for my xenonauts but it also changes the footstep sounds for the aliens although the aliens have their own designated code/files.

Is it a bug? Perhaps the devs haven't got to linking the aliens to the right code. Does anybody know?

Also, unlike any sounds, it seems like footstep sounds end right after the action is completed. Does anyone know how to get around that? Thanks for the help.

Yeah, I know that...I've been modding it for a while. Let me be more clear.

Here is the sound for my soldiers running on concrete:

<Template name="Concrete" comment="">     <BootFootsteps volume="0.7" group="1">       <Wave>audio/sfx/footsteps/fs_boots_run_concrete_1.ogg</Wave>       <Wave>audio/sfx/footsteps/fs_boots_run_concrete_2.ogg</Wave>       <Wave>audio/sfx/footsteps/fs_boots_run_concrete_3.ogg</Wave>       <Wave>audio/sfx/footsteps/fs_boots_run_concrete_4.ogg</Wave>       <Wave>audio/sfx/footsteps/fs_boots_run_concrete_5.ogg</Wave>       <Wave>audio/sfx/footsteps/fs_boots_run_concrete_6.ogg</Wave>       <Wave>audio/sfx/footsteps/AWESOME_CUSTOM_SOUND.ogg</Wave>     </BootFootsteps>

Here is the sounds Aliens are supposed to have while running on concrete:

<AlienFootsteps volume="0.7" group="1">       <Wave>audio/sfx/footsteps/fs_alien_concrete_1.ogg</Wave>       <Wave>audio/sfx/footsteps/fs_alien_concrete_2.ogg</Wave>       <Wave>audio/sfx/footsteps/fs_alien_concrete_3.ogg</Wave>       <Wave>audio/sfx/footsteps/fs_alien_concrete_4.ogg</Wave>       <Wave>audio/sfx/footsteps/fs_alien_concrete_5.ogg</Wave>     </AlienFootsteps>

See where I have AWESOME_CUSTOM_SOUND.ogg? It plays on the Alien's turns as well no just my Xenonauts even tho the Aliens have designated code and designated sounds. This makes me believe the alien footstep sounds are not being used since both the Aliens and Xenonauts are using AWESOME_CUSTOM_SOUND.ogg. Makes sense?

i was looking through aiprops and only certain aliens have a specific sound noted being the PraetorMovingSound and the drones sounds. everything else i can only gather goto defaults I.E. AlienFootsteps. which is not the case being Awesome_Custom_Sount.ogg is being played by aliens so my only conclusion that 1 or more alien species have there default footsteps sounds set to BootFootsteps instead of there own set.. yea it does look like improper linking or a bug.