Do Soldiers get PSI POWERS!!

I'd go for something much simpler, if I was really interested, which I'm not. :D

How about if human Psi powers were similiar to "The Force" in Star Wars? Basically, I'd only have three "powers" available to humans, two passsive and one active. The first power would be simply to resist alien psi attacks of any kind. The second would be the ability to make an incredible shot or grenade toss once in a while. The third would be to become incredibly difficult to hit for a round. That's it. Those all possible with minimum programming.

Thothkins, I'd be down with psionics as you proposed.

cool. thanks.

I'd go for something much simpler, if I was really interested, which I'm not.

I think the post gave a selection of things to pick and choose a system from, rather than be prescriptive. So, it's not as though it all had to go in.

I like psionics being a little less superhuman and I much prefer the psionics of the original game to jedi powers.

yes it does, which is why it's not in the list of abilities that humans should get.

the notes bit on the post states:

The abilities have been selected so that they do not have any direct control over enemy units, who are far more powerful psionics.

Edit: Oh wait, you were talking about the OG and not the post. That only took half an hour to sink in. :)

Edited by thothkins

....what do you mean "mendicant?"*

*This is Groo joke. Read Groo and you too could end up insulted by StellarRat! You might be the one foretold who's on the end of the comment that's funny! :)

Groo is endlessly called things and occasionally much, much later reacts. He would probably react to a few more, but the people calling him things are usually long dead before anything sinks in.

Image+%286%29.jpg