[V19] Alien fight only when cornered.

LVL: INSANE

At least Sibillians and Ceasans only fight when cornered, before that they just flee, until the end of map.

They will shoot civilians if they happens to be near they retreat path but will never even shoot at us then retreat. They just run.

this poses a serie of problems:

1) Main is boredoom.

This kind of game is boring.

It is boring because its 100% predictable.

It is boring because you use ever the same tectic and its a certain win

It is boring Because it offer no challenge

It is boring because you pass more time chasing alien than fighting them

2) It doesn t fit the idea of the game.

When i play the game especially early on when the alien fill unchallenged and goes open chested agaisnt security forces you don t expect them to flee seeing you.

(maybe its the ugly uniform...must be further investigated)

Aliens have come as conqueror and should act like it (agressively) at least until suffering several defeats

Until stable candidate 1 or 2 alien was fun to fight against, suddenly AI was upgraded and thing got awfull, even the "no AI" version was funnyer than the one in place now.

Now aliens are more lethals but that because the hit/miss system has been replaced and vasty improved.

I never use vehicle they are basically too fragile, tired of seeing them busted by plasma pistols or 2 plasma rifle shots.*

They aren t worth the lack of skill raise by soldiers experience even with soldiers dying and being wounded.

They aren t worth the investment, they aren t worth 2 soldiers, much less 4 ones space wise.

Once they are gone, most of the time, your team is left too weak to overcome the rest of the aliens, or too weak to not suffer losses you can t afford.

My squad team is:

2 snipers + medicaid

2 riflemens + medicaid

1 one RPG (AKA bazooka)

1 machine gun

1 Shotgunmen + medicaid

1 Shield + Pistol.

Evarybody but RPGer carry grenades of all kind.

Not playinguntil further AI modification. Don t want to get pissed at the game.

Are you using a new or old save? I don't have any trouble with the AI engaging me at all. They're constantly firing at me though it seems as though their accuracy is suffering quite a lot compared to SC 2/3. I'm hoping because I've mostly had non combatants so far instead of guards in a new game. That would make some sense.

Have you tried revalidating your installation? You may have incorrect AI versions.

There s no way to have invalid AI.

This happened to old and new saves.

Yes i have revalidated the game due to some corruption.

To me its so blatant what the AI is doing its not even fun.

They see you if you got more number they flee. When you bring 8 people they always flee until cornered, then theystand and fight. Just stand off and let your snipers pick them up.

Then proceed to your usual UFO clean up.