[v19.1 Stable Air Combat] Continuous Pursuit

This may be working as intended.

Just did an air combat against two Heavy Fighters and a Bomber using a Foxtrot and two Condors. All UFOs locked onto my Foxtrot such that I was forced to withdraw it from the combat. However, having evacuated it from the combat area, the Heavy Fighters continued their pursuit off the air combat map and eventually off screen. Normally, I'd have expected them to turn around and fight my other aircraft once the one they were targeting had aborted.

The same kind of obsession seems to currently appear with the first attacking vessel. I'm only into the game early stages but even with two interceptors, I often drag the first one away and make the second beeline straight for the enemy. When done right, it does the needed damage to take it down and the alien craft (only singles) doesn't even engage the 2nd fighter.

Also... spamming spin in whatever direction when timed right on a 2 v 1 (player favour) seems to almost guarantee no hits. Which is fair enough.

Be interesting to see if I can abuse the fighters protecting larger ships when I get the courage to engage... and manpower ;)

The same kind of obsession seems to currently appear with the first attacking vessel. I'm only into the game early stages but even with two interceptors, I often drag the first one away and make the second beeline straight for the enemy. When done right, it does the needed damage to take it down and the alien craft (only singles) doesn't even engage the 2nd fighter.

That's actually a common tactic - UFOs never change their targets unless their target is destroyed or (in theory!) when they leave the combat zone. The issue I had is that the UFOs continued their pursuit even after the aircraft they were pursuing had left the combat zone, when they should have broken off.