What is your favorite base locations?

Where are you building your bases?

Myself, I start with middle east base, so I can get missions over Europe, Africa, Soviet Union and Indochina. Second base in north/central America.

Of course, that leaves Australia completely out and if I build the base in North America then South is without coverage. If I build it central America, half North and South is undefended. Also, most of Indochina / Soviet Union is unprotected by default if I don't build another base there.

I did start off in Greece, but have moved this to Sicily so that I can remain in Europe and still get coverage as you have done.

Of course, this is based in the premise that historically well off and stable regions would pay you more. But in Xenonauts this isn't the case.

Second base is somewhere around Florida and the third somewhere around the southern tip of Vietnam (varies a little between builds)

Funding - October - (September's funding in brackets )

N America: +48 (-7k), S America:-5 (-10k), Europe: 0 (+15k), C America:+19(0), N Africa:+70(+48k)

M East:+28(0), Indochina:+11(0), S Africa:-5(0), Soviet:+10(+1k), Australasia:0 (-7k)

Overall: +174 (+41k)

In my current game North Africa loves me a lot more than Europe, where the base is. Over 200k in funding from North Africa at the end of October. They are my new best buddies. Who would have thought that all those stories linking the pyramids with alien technology would have been right all along?

Australia should perk up now there's an Indochina base, and the America's will pick up a little for the same reason.

I use a pair of bases to start with, one at MacDill AFB, Florida (dropships and infantry), and one at Peterson AFB, Colorado (interceptors). Another typically goes up in Hereford, England (mixed), followed by one in Swanbourne, Australia (mixed), then another at CFB Trenton, Canada (mixed), and another in Songpa-gu, South Korea (mixed). One usually goes up in Tula, Russia, mixed as well.