[V18 Stable build Steam version, Ground Combat] Battlescape won't load.

I bought this game a couple weeks ago and I've been trying to play it but every time I try to get into a ground combat aspect of the game it sits there and loads for a straight up two hours and then doesn't respond. I know it says be patient but I was told before that two hours is absurdly long.

I posted on here before but I didn't get a reply because I guess I didn't set up the protocol correctly or something. I'm running this game on a Samsung Laptop Win7 IntelĀ® I7-3615 CPU @ 2.30 GHz, 2301 Mhz, quad core with multi-threading.

I don't know whether or not my system specs are relevant or not but I hope it helps.

And yes I did verify all the files and tried reinstalling and all of that nonsense on Steam because I'm not ten years old.

I would really like to play this game because it seems a ton better than the XCOM: Enemy Unknown game that I've been playing since Xenonauts wouldn't work. Anyway, any help at all would be appreciated.

I know the dev team and the testers are probably swamped with problems but I've seen quite a few of these threads popping up with the same problem and they never get an answer.

Edited by squidyhendrix