V1Full of the Walrus Tactical Balisitc expansion: Art, XP, and recoil update.

WalrusJones

Just copy and paste should work, I just did an install like that.

The only thing that might be causing it is if I forgot something in the assets folders, which doesn't seem to be the case. (More items are in the assets folder of the mod.)

The only other thing I can imagine being the problem is winrar screwing up in compressing it.

I will try doing some more research in my test game, and see if the crash is related to that.

I am going to try to make a version without the alien class analysis mod integrated into it, when I upload it, see if it doesn't give you the crash.

Edited by WalrusJones

Try re-downloading, and see if that makes them appear.

There should be a fairly large folder structure within the mods asset folder.

I also edited my last post alot, reread it as I added a lot of info.

Edit: Also, By a lot of info, I mean one line.

Edited by WalrusJones

Does this mod alter anything in the very start of the game? Or will i have to do some R&D before I see anything the mod adds?

as of now, winrar, merged assets into assets. ran the game... nothing new.. got the foxtrot and hunter AC, no new research, combat.. unchanged

Edited by JamesRoshal
update

The starting R&D is simply your scientists calling arms manufacturers, and the soviets.

This takes 5 hours, and 3.5 days respectively with 10 scientists on the job.

The first one is joke weapons, the second one is the first serious set of weapons. (However, doing the faster one first will make the xenopedia entries all the more funny for the early mod, as your researchers do not like being used as diplomats.)

Expect poor grammar, as I wrote it in notepad after several hours of writing the mod.

Also, a lot of weapons are joke items, The Skorpion, the Hunting revolver (Due to absurd recoil values,) the Farming shotgun/rifle are on that list now.

The requested sword will be joining them as well, but for a different reason.... (Not weakness... Just...)

If you have a question about a weapons intended role, or a concern about anythings usefulness, please feel free to PM me over it, I always hope that the strings explain what a weapon is for, but I cannot assume it is so.

Edited by WalrusJones

I just need to find a coder that has free time to code my idea, once I get it all the grunt work down and finished...

edit: Is the flame thrower part of this mod

On a side note: [this is happen in my mind when i read one of the research lines]

researcher: you speak Russian right?

Head engineer: Duh

-Researcher point gun- Speak to the nice USSR Rep. for me, will you... awe, How kind.

-Researcher: What do you mean, we need your guns!

colt rep: For what, are we being invaded by space monkeys?

Researcher: F**K this, Commander you hear me, I am not a PR person, Do you own damn shopping!

Edited by JamesRoshal
I wanted to

The Flamethrower has in its side, engraved "Sorry, This is a lie" in the png if you look at it fairly close.

It is trolling, actually leaving references of the flamethrower from vanilla caused crashes to the game in early experimental builds of the mod, hence, the fact that I am going to tease with it as much as I am humanly able to by including it in as many of the xenopedia entries as I possibly can, including replacing the placeholder image with some war photo of some guy firing a flamethrower in the experimental build.

Edited by WalrusJones
Fixing grammar issue.

You are a meanest, cruelest, horrible, and honorable human being I ever meet.

And for your reward I shall name my first Russian Red shirt.. I mean valued comrade after you.. and he shall go into battle with nothing but his PJ, C4 and a sword... alone, well not alone, he will be joined with the research team that told me to do my own damn shopping.

Edited by JamesRoshal

alright.

Damn you... your burning me up with those picture :mad:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I would like to give you a heads up on a crash.

I outfitted all of my units, [2 assault, 2 snipers 3 rifle and 1 heavy] I gave everyone gear that came from you mod, I the flew to Moscow, got loading combat.. then crash

[2 attempts, 2 fails, going to test each gun now... For MODDING!

Edited by JamesRoshal

Alright....

I took my safe time to make the next sword, but now I seriously have to fix the mod.

XkqRPMd.png

A crude version of the scimitar (One handed sword) sprite (Pre-Spritifaction.)

It naturally, wont be as ultra-effective as the messer, but will be shield compatible come V19.

Edit: It appears the crash is a faulty weapons.xml, weapons_gc.xml passed the test of "Runs properly.... Or not."

OHH DERP. I did a syntax error.

In "Weapon_shotgun" in weapons GC, delete the second ammo type, its something I deleted mostly from the XML from a failed experiment...

The mostly part made a syntax error.

This should prevent your crash, but break old saves of WTBE.

Yes, ammo_ballistic_beanbag.

Edited by WalrusJones

I will release a new version with the swords tomorrow, as doing a release for the two people who are going to be reading this thread in the next hours is likely unnecessary.

Some tips and tidbits on the generalist lines of weapons to sustain us until then:

The submachineguns are designed to be a backup weapon for snipers and machinegunners for turns they move on! Its primary fire mode is its Burst.

The carbines are designed for sprinter troops who do not want to sacrifice too much range! Its primary fire mode would be a "Normal" or "Snap" shot.

The assault rifles are designed to be Ok at everything, best at none! Its primary fire mode is all of them!

The Battle rifles have the best range and power, but have high recoil values that make weak soldiers less accurate with them! Its primary fires are the its "Aimed shot" and its "Extremely aimed shot."

These four weapon classes make up the backbone of most units, with other weapons generally being too specialized to really be standard issue like the generalist weapons.

Edit: The sword sounds are done!

Swooshes with a meaty crunch at the end. Lovely!

And...

The battle rifle sounds, I will remember to release those this time.

James also appears to have fixed his copy, given, the strange silence.

Edited by WalrusJones