[V18 Stable Steam] Issue with GC and modding weapons

Wrath_IX

Ok ran into a new problem, Rocketlauncher + burst-fire everything works, have a rocket launcher able to hold multiple shots added the burst fire text the game recognizes it as a burst fire shot even going so far as to play the custom sound for it. verified it has the correct shot count except it only shoots one rocket.

what am I missing?

ok so I will just have to stop chasing that idea.

the weapon works well for the purposes I intended without burst fire so its no big loss.

If your wondering what I am working on google "m202" and think "going commando"

;)

Also I figured out a way to get around the burst fire issue which is simply to make a low AP and low accuracy selection for single shot which mimics the overall cost and accuracy of burst fire so no loss

Edited by Wrath_IX

Nemesis? gonna need a link to what your referencing cause I did not run into that

BTW I also found the solution to one of my other weapon problems in the structure of your weapon_gc.xml file. multiple burstfire modes. thanks

Edited by Wrath_IX

RE3 Nemesis.

The M202 was the rocket launcher in the third resident evil game (The rocket launcher was a symbol of "Its your turn to fight back.")

While you actually couldn't kill the nemisis with it, you could mess him up with it.

Also, that was a experiment that I accidentally released wraith xD (I heard it was impossible to do multibursts, thus, I tried it with minimal testing, and forgot to take it out.)

Yeah I tested every config for the weapon in weapons_GC.xml that I could think of all failed

My solution was to simply make a burst weapon with the most reasonable burst length and set the AP to half that of what I intended for the maximum burst so say I had a minimum burst of 3 shot and a max of 10 I simply did a 5 shot burst at half the ap of the full 10 burst.

Ok so with some helpful guidance from the devs he pointed me to a post that will help with all the animation pain of making multiple customer Spectre.xml files

It allows you to decompress the GC_Units.pfp archive file which contains the master animation code.

It allows for a much easier process of adding or even copying custom animations from existing stock without all the head ache.

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/4029-Exract-pfp-archives

See post #10 for the details

the extraction takes a good few minutes (10-15) but it will leave you with a folder that contains all the master animation xml files which can be copied into new custom weapon folders and then in the normal matching folders where the animation art assets are located you can simply paste the requisite versions of the animation files

I will be doing some testing and let you all know how it turns out.