[19.3 Air Combat] CTD after fight (3 fighter group)

As stated above, after fighting one of the 3 fighter air superiority groups i currently have a very high chance of a CTD. If i fight the same group again, i always get the same crash, no matter which of my fliers i send there. It only happens if i destroy that group, running away does not crash me. And it does not happen for all of those groups, only for some, but for those where it happens, reloading and fighting again always leads to the same crash.

Edit: Apparently it does not only happen with those groups, some other groups can also be infected, the same thing just happened with a Bomber + 2 Fighter group.

Edited by Simberto

I have encountered the same issue. Doesn't matter if I attack a 3-fighter group with 3 of my own fighters, or two (haven't tried with one), and whether I have 3 or 2 or 1 fighters left at the end of the battle, as long as I win the battle it crashes to desktop when it should go back to the geoscape.

I would attach a sample savegame to help replicate the problem, but the forum is broken:

You don't have permission to access /forums/newattachment.php on this server.

This bug with the Fighter wave crashing the game after having been defeated has to be top priority to be fixed soon. I have tried various methods of combating these craft and the only way to NOT crash the game is either to lose your F-17s in battle or run away. But running away, even at full afterburner speed(2250 KPH, which is 250KPH faster than the enemy Fighter speed) wont help since the squadron slows down when flying in the geoscape, even after running away from the combat zone with the enemy still on their tail! You would think that they´d keep RTB at full power to save themselves...

So naturally I keep getting caught and put into those annoying battles time and again. I cant even send my fighters to attack OTHER ufos or go on terror missions with those alien Fighter squadrons around, they home in on my Fighters every time they leave the base.

This makes the game virtually unplayable... I cant shoot them down and I cant run away from them either, so what am I supposed to do? Guess I will wait for the next build then! :P