And this would give me wargasm of the millenium. Perfect idea. :)

Your entire post is very reasonable - it proposes simple yet effective solutions. I really hope this will be looked upon favourably by Our Devs, Who Are in London.

Oh our Devs, who art in da house

Blessed be thy game

Thy beta come (alt. Thy Code be run)

Thy code be run (alt. And balance done)

As it is in development

so it is in production.

Ramen.

Edited by TrashMan

I am fine with the idea of changing the green pathing tiles to have specific tiles red or blue (fire or stun) to indicate those specific tiles are under the effect of fire or stun gas.

Sometimes it CAN be hard to see.

However if you are moving a bunch of guys around and miss the hazards on the map, thats your fault.

You have the choice to click one tile at a time, or choose a destination that moves your guy 10 tiles. It's your choice.

If you run through the fog of war (Why would you do this?) and end up running through fire, thats your fault.

I dont EVER uncover fog of war by running my soldiers 15 tiles through it.

Why? They could run through fires, or run right into an Alien and be out of TUs and thus screwed...not to mention the Aliens Reaction fire.

I dont know if it is the same as XCOM94 but if you ran 10 titles an Alien had 10 chances to reaction fire. But if you moved 1, they had 1.

Thats why you dont go sending soldiers 10 tiles around a corner.

You move 1 tile past the corner, turn and look to see if you spot any dangers. If so, you choose to engage/avoid those dangers...or you move back around the corner, and then go about preparing to handle the said hazard WITHOUT exposing yourself to risk.

*** ( Btw everything you have ever posted I hear Rock Lee in my head speaking as I read it) ***

Your posts always carry with them the "Fire of Youth!!!"

However if you are moving a bunch of guys around and miss the hazards on the map, thats your fault.

You have the choice to click one tile at a time, or choose a destination that moves your guy 10 tiles. It's your choice.

Technically it is, but in my opinion it makes the game much more tedious for no reason whatsoever. I wouldn't feel proud of myself for moving every soldier separately and carefully, because when they aren't engaged in actual combat but simply march from point a to B I just like pointing in the general direction, cycling through them with the mouse wheel quickly, efficiently and comfortably. I know this probably raises hair on heads of obsessive controllers (and most strategy gamers are obsessive controllers ;) ), but it never gave any trouble with any such game before (all X-Com titles, Jagged Alliance, UFO: After[X], UFO: Extraterrestrials), but in Xenonauts they keep walking into fire like retarded cows because I missed a burning tile somewhere. This is just annoying and gives nothing in return.

If you run through the fog of war (Why would you do this?) and end up running through fire, thats your fault.

Oh, I don't do this, I'm not that stupid. :) Fog of war is not an issue for me, but it could be for someone. Still, while playing this way would be silly and ineffective, the danger should come from actual threats like aliens, not because a soldier randomly wandered into a lava pool.

*** ( Btw everything you have ever posted I hear Rock Lee in my head speaking as I read it) ***

Your posts always carry with them the "Fire of Youth!!!"

Heh, thanks. :) I made it when I wasn't very sober and then decided to leave it be, hoping it won't make me look too silly. By the way, it comes from

by Vlad G. Pohnert, one that every X-Com (or Xenonauts) player should watch. :)

@Solarius Scorch

I fully agree xcom was easier to work with as far as seeing tiles and so forth. I get a feeling thats part of the polish yet to be finished on this game.

So who knows? Maybe they will take care of it in the end.

Either way your post resulted in the creation of a good idea, which was coloring tiles red or blue to show that path would walk them through a hazard.

Something that probably would have never been thought of without your post.

@Solarius Scorch

I fully agree xcom was easier to work with as far as seeing tiles and so forth. I get a feeling thats part of the polish yet to be finished on this game.

So who knows? Maybe they will take care of it in the end.

Either way your post resulted in the creation of a good idea, which was coloring tiles red or blue to show that path would walk them through a hazard.

Something that probably would have never been thought of without your post.

Thank Mytheos, that's really nice to hear. After all, that's why we're all here! :)

• 3 months later...