Does anyone have advice on how to play this game? I was a huge fan of UFO enemy unknown(x-com UFO defense) and felt I was pretty good but in this I feel there are some situations were death is unavoidable. My research goes like this: Alien invasion, High speed interceptor at the same time as alien plasma pistol, jackal combat armor, alien plasma rifle(Dang scouts with there rifles), alien plasma tech, Laser tech (cant seem to remember when But I research alien alloys and alenium whenever possible). Any advice you have is helpful.

Also a few builds ago the combat shield was broken. Is it fixed now?

Edited by captainkrunch96

The combat shields are working (one bug somewhere if you drop it or something), and they will make at least a few of those unavoidable death situations much easier.

There are other tips threads around. For this build...

- Don't do night missions, if at all possible.

- In alien bases they can still shoot through walls. best avoided until you can take a few shots.

- Stun grenades are your bestest buddies. Use them regularly.

- Combat shields are your second best buddies. Use for breaching UFOs and for others to protect other troops in the field.

- Smoke grenades are really, really good buddies. Spam those exposed areas where you will be a target. Invariably in front of UFOs and across fields for me, among others.

- Some skip lasers and Jackal armour and go with Wolf or Buzzard with plasma. I get a few Jackals, but do skip lasers really.

- Do take out a balanced squad. I take out 8 - 2 Assault (breaching, 1 with shield) 2-3 Heavies, 2 Snipers, and 1-2 Riflemen. Shotguns are back up weapons for close combat in buildings and UFOs.

- Do ensure your guys support each other just like EU1994 and do use that cover.

- Foxtrots with alenium missiles are very effective.