Warm and sincere congratulations

I think I've been looking for a 'congratulations thread' but I did not easily find one.

You made an awesome job with Xenonauts.

Eight months ago, when I first checked the game, I found something in the gameplay was already there, but whole parts were also still missing. Now that I came back with Steam V18, I am impressed.

Impressed by the quality and awesome job on the textures.

Impressed by the nice output of the sound ambiance.

Impressed by the tension, the way we move and hide, the way level design helps improving missions.

Impressed also by the nice ideas you put into the game.

You managed to continue in a direction while removing everything that was flawing the game experience.

I believe the community played also a part in all this, although I joined it only recently (and only to misplace a bug report myself, sadly ;) ).

Back to topic.

As a game developer, I always had a UFO: XXX build and game somewhere, with Geoscape and all.

I still have a boardgame also near publishing step.

But now eventually, I can rest and say :

"They got it right!"

You got everything right and I can't do anything but encouraging you to continue this way and continue making of this game the perfect, not only remake, but rebirth of our 1993 UFO Defense. Rebirth with shiny new things and adapted game concepts and ambiance, that work just well.

I will now also be more delving into modding options for the game; I had UFO builds and game experiments that I would like to convert to a full mod sometime later.

Congratulations again, and good luck in the last improvements you are making.

I think other people could also use this thread to say everything they like!

On a technical point of view, it is of no use to get congratulations, but game development is also matter of engagement and willpower, some good words can also help them.