Hidden movement concern

The chase camera can get annoying, I actually chase whatever I'm interested in with WASD, the annoying part happens after I fire, the camera likes to center on my target, which at that time I have already seen where the bullets hit and am back to my own units, thus, the camera snaps back to the alien.

Guess I just play to fast, the chase cam does not like this. =P

I just bought this game and I'm kind of surprised to find the old, sometimes epileptic hidden movement screen. I know it was in the original X-com (I've been playing it recently), but that game was created in the early 90s and was like 2mb. It seems like a pretty outdated way of solving a problem. Just from playing a little in the past few days I think the whole screen popping up with this "hidden movement" image is kind of jarring, distracting, annoying, and unnecessary. It takes away from the game experience where a simple text message on the screen would suffice.

I just bought this game and I'm kind of surprised to find the old, sometimes epileptic hidden movement screen. I know it was in the original X-com (I've been playing it recently), but that game was created in the early 90s and was like 2mb. It seems like a pretty outdated way of solving a problem. Just from playing a little in the past few days I think the whole screen popping up with this "hidden movement" image is kind of jarring, distracting, annoying, and unnecessary. It takes away from the game experience where a simple text message on the screen would suffice.

I understand, but what exactly would you like to see instead? Just a text? In this case you can do it yourself by disabling the hidden movement screen as described above in this thread (third post by Stinky), which will only leave a text saying "Alien turn" - or something similar - and a greyed out screen. I think you can also edit this text, but I never tested it.

BTW, the original X-Com was somewhat over 10 MB, not 2 :)Terror from the Deep was even bigger.