[bug] Change Role for new role

Don't really like to get familiar, since time is pressing and world need saving, so lets start my first post with a bug report. Quick search hasn't revealed mention of it, but it caused me to change default loadout to the wrong group...

- enter Soldier Equipment

- click on Role

- choose Change Role

- add new role on one of unused fields

- finish process and notice that soldiers role hasn't changed

I've got few issues here:

- when creating new role soldiers role is not changed (for me it's a bug)

- there aren't enough images (letters) to choose for a role

Edited by Kurruk

So, when you made a new role the soldier wasn't automatically changed to that role?

Odd, when I made a new role in my own game (v19 Experimental (no hotfix)) it worked fine for me.

What version are you playing?

(Unless you've opted in to the v19 Experimental build on Steam, you're playing the v18 Stable build)

Also, I know you're new here so no worries (;)), but in the future please include your version number and the bug location (geoscape (world map), ground combat, air combat, etc) in the thread title. It helps reduce confusion and increase uniformity.

For example:

"[v18 Stable / Soldier Equip Screen] Changing role for new role"

Thanks!

EDIT:

Oh, and I totally agree with there not being enough role icons. Those need to be updated to look better, and for there to be more of them. Perhaps the upcoming UI update will fix this?

So, when you made a new role the soldier wasn't automatically changed to that role?

Yes

Odd, when I made a new role in my own game (v19 Experimental (no hotfix)) it worked fine for me.

Totally forgot about including the version number. I started the thread here, because of the information I've read about having any issues here when using experimental build.

And thanks for your quick comeback and insight to improve the quality.

Did you remember to actually click on the newly created role? I thought that the custom role system was bugging out until I realized that, after creating the new role, I was not actually selecting it for my trooper.

Hmm that might be it. After creating a role, I assumed it will be selected by default and just hit the close button... so I guess it's arguably a bug, might be a way it was designed for someone who wants to enter couple of roles at the start of game, without every time selecting a soldier and modifying it's role.

Might be worth considering such scenario when working on new UI (although with more icons it will be more noticeable if some changed or hasn't change the role of a soldier).