Some atmospheric ambient noises

Although obviously not top on the priority list at this point, I think the game's atmosphere would benefit from some random, occassional ambient sound FX (distant scream, siren coming in/out, distant explosion, muffled bullhorn/PA chatter... and even some occasional animal sounds, like cows when on a farm).

Just random and occasional, and distant, to give a sense of presence and atmosphere beyond the play area.

Agreed.

You have forum members all over the planet. Put out a request for the community to head out with microphones and start taking sound samples -- have a standard release form. Boom -- instant royalty free ambient noises. You could even choose the sound pallet from actual recording throughout the world, and it costs you nearly nothing (though you might get what you pay for -- does anyone out there own a GOOD microphone?)

I get a crazy frog chorus in the summer from my backyard that I could try to record.

Just a crazy idea. :-)

Of course, we never asked: does the engine even support this sort of thing?

hey, is that the sound of someone getting mugged on the terror mission? :)

Would the random noises get in the way of the lovely atmospheric background music. Your on a night time terror mission. You are sweating tension. And then...

[video=youtube;A0fuVoSa3dc]