[(V18 Stable) Geoscape] Crash after loading a save with Terror mission prompt

This did not occur after the first time the prompt came up but I made a mistake and tried to reload three different saves from before. What happens is when the prompt pops up about a terror mission in Mumbai I'm given the three choices. If I pick cancel or center at 5 secs the game immediately crashes. If I choose to send troops the game crashes at the Geoscape screen after I pick the charlie.

Just before the terror mission starts I shot down a medium landing ship in Central America. The terror mission showed up as my charlie was on it's way to the downed alien ship . I finish the medium ship Ground Combat and immediately upon returning to the Geoscape I'm given the prompt for the terror mission again. On the first game (no load) this went well. On every load after, including the one where I reload the start of the medium ship ground combat, finish it and am given the prompt again, the game crashes after interact with the prompt as above.

I have no saves from before I sent my charlie to the downed ship.

I'm playing Veteran non-ironman on Steam. This was the second terror mission.

Hopefully this is the correct place to post this message. My save games seem to corrupt once I've sent troops enroute or arrived at my second base in Europe from USA. I also am not able to assign more than one unit to my landing craft from the new arrivals at the new Europe base. My European chopper and fighter were both purchased and relocated from USA starting base. Hopefully some bit of information here will be useful for a bug fix.