[Steam Version] Unable to download game.

I've been dealing with this error for about a week now, hoping it will clear up but that doesn't seem to be happening

Several people were reporting this on the steam forums but it doesn't look like you guys were checking them? Anyway, I came here to report the issue since I am actually rather interested in playing your game.

Anyway. When I try to download the game I get the error

"An error occurred while installing Xenonauts (connection Time out)"

The thing is. My internet is fine, and I've downloaded other games at the same time as it is telling me connection time out, as other people are reporting the same issue I do not think it is just me.

I've heard that someone with the error fixed it by jumping steam download servers repeatedly but on my own attempts at that I had no luck.

Just wondering if you had any way to fix this issue.

I have had the issue before with other games and it was a steam server side issue.

I thought it might be. But I tried to contact steam support about it. And I received no help at all. Here is the quote.

" Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

Early Access Games are playable games that evolve as you play them. By purchasing, you gain immediate access to download and play the game in its current form. As you give feedback, the developers of the games continue to update the games and add content.

Steam support does not provide support for Early Access titles. Please contact the developers directly for any issues you encounter. "

Which isn't helpful at all, as said. Not sure where to go at this point?

It's ridiculous that Steam aren't providing any support on this issue. We have absolutely no control over their download servers, we just upload a build to them - and as it's working for 99% of people, it's obviously not an issue at this end.

Can you try changing your download region in Steam in Settings here: steam://settings/downloads

If this works for you, please email me at chris@xenonauts.com so I know it's a valid workaround!

It's ridiculous that Steam aren't providing any support on this issue. We have absolutely no control over their download servers, we just upload a build to them - and as it's working for 99% of people, it's obviously not an issue at this end.

Can you try changing your download region in Steam in Settings here: steam://settings/downloads

If this works for you, please email me at chris@xenonauts.com so I know it's a valid workaround!

Thank you very much for the personal attention. It is appreciated. Very much so.

I attempted that very solution on a few different servers last week with no luck which is when I contacted steam support, I didn't hear from them till Monday, then made my post here.

I spent the last hour and a half sifting through half of the US download servers with no luck. But I did see on the steam forum that at least one person with this same error fixed the problem by switching servers. Just, no idea if it was a specific server they used.

Have you tried deleting any xenonauts folders created in the steamapps folder? I had the issue with DOW2, it literally stopped working for 3 weeks because it lost connection during an update and could not reconnect.

I had to wipe all trace of it to get it to reconnect

For the OP; Steam is obligated to resolve this problem regardless if its "early access" or not. You have paid for the product, and it is available at this time. Contact Steam Support directly over the phone if possible, email messages tend to get auto-responses that are no help whatsoever. Inform them its a Steam DOWNLOAD error, not a game one.

• 10 months later...