Different bug tracker?

Not a bug report, but related to them.

I used to play an in development game, star... something or other.

Anyway, they used Mantis as their bug tracker; far superior to using a forum, not that I doubt it is useful, I just think your workload would be more clear if you used an actual tool.

Happy to volunteer to create the initial database of bugs from what is in the forums and status updates with descriptions of update from existing sticky thread. Could even run it in an Amazon micro instance to get free hosting :D

With the possibility of adding a right-click bug reporter or an exe / app that will do it from desktop (amazing when a game has one of those, makes the lazies actually report!)

http://www.mantisbt.org/

Thanks,

We actually use Mantis at the developer end (although I've not been very good at keeping it up to date lately) but giving everyone on the forum access to it strikes me as a bad idea - it's necessary for a developer like myself to sort through them all to work out what are duplicates, what are important bugs and which ones aren't actually problems in the development builds and are just as a result of us sanitising the game for public consumption. That's the rationale between the forums / Mantis split.