Mouse over causes see-through

I love that now the buildings or whatever that would be blocking the view of the soldiers now becomes transparant, but it leaves a problem still and it's movement.

It would be great that if you now mouse-over something you get a see-through instead so that you can easily move your soldiers around. This would be really helpful.

Perhaps a button that could be held down to make the mouse-over make things transparent?

A simple mouse-over shouldn't make things transparent, there should be a button you press to activate that function, otherwise everything would be going transparent everywhere and it'd get chaotic onscreen.

It'd have to be done correctly, though, so you can't simply see through a wall to discover an alien.

I mean like, say you have a soldier selected and want to move him to stand behind a wall, yet you can't see where you click, and even if there's some other object there. So perhaps if you have a soldier selected, it will make transparant walls until you click to move. Then, of course, while the soldier still stands there it should be see through as well so you know he's there. And yeah, of course you can't spot aliens through it :D

I'd like to also add my vote on some means to be able to see behind objects when needed. It definitely becomes an issue when you want to move behind an object, but have trouble knowing if where you are clicking is directly behind, or one tile away from the wall. Without the ability to rotate the map around to see where you are clicking, some sort of transparency (where you click or want to go) seems very necessary.

Maybe a key you press to just show ground only (or whatever level you are at), temporarily removing all objects and walls?

Edited by ladlon

Actually, I don't see a problem with having the tile that you are hovering over becoming visible (blocking tile goes semi-transparent).

Combine that with my desire for the tile you are hovering over to highlight and show the movement AP cost to get there, and I'd be very happy. (The fact that you have to click first, creating a path, before you are told the movement AP cost is kind of inconvenient, requires you to cancel the path each time, and runs the risk of you accidentally double-clicking and moving... I've posted this suggestion in its own thread.)