Aliens shooting from FOW

I've managed to adapt to this frustration with excessive bunny hopping and methodical positioning of troops for covering fire. Stick to perimeter of the map and wind your way towards the center. :cool:

Does kind of suck when you land on a terror mission at night and are surrounded from turn 1 though :(

You mean like soldiers do in real life? ;)

BTW, you're only at a really big disadvantage if you wear certain types of armor. Improved and Wolf shouldn't be used on your scouts. Use no armor or Buzzard for those types. Wolf is good for the guys that actually engage the enemy (from cover if you're smart. :) )

Edited by StellarRat

The thing that I can't understand is when I have a unit spot a alien you can't actually see the alien. He is hidden by the FOW. This seems a bit do-lally.

Ditto.

Drives me mad this FOW crap.

Not only that I have hunted extensively over my life and could hit my targets one handed with the rifle better than this B...S..t:mad:

What also could be concerning is turning new people coming in to the game away.

...Not only that I have hunted extensively over my life and could hit my targets one handed with the rifle better than this B...S..t:mad:...
It's supposed to be that way. If true ranges were used eveything would be spotted and every shot would be 100% unless the maps were enormous (the computer storage requirements would be HUGE), so they compressed the shooting ranges by about 15x to make the maps highly detailed, but still have range as a factor. If it were not compressed your troops would have to look like ants on the battlefield and the buildings would look like matchboxes. You'll have to use your imagination a bit. Edited by StellarRat