Random Runtime Error Crash

Running V18.4 this error randomly occurs. Message text, "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way."

I have encountered it during crashsite missions and while in geoscape while simply running x3 expedited clock. Sometimes error occurs after an action such as a 'save game' or 'exit game' and sometimes it just occurs.

The error also occurred after clicking through the mission description screen (background picture of Chinook).

Edited by Omots

I Have had some of these as well, Running Fullscreen on a Win 7 Machine. It seems to happen as I play the game for more than a half hour and I have used Alt Tab several times with graphics issues. Can't speak for the op, but this has been my experience with it as well.

Try a couple of things:

- update your video card drivers

- try running the game in window mode

- try it in fullscreen\window mode over half hour without alt+tabbing from the game

The results of these can help get us closer to the problem! Thanks!

Matthew -

Updated graphics driver for AMD Radeon HD 6570 - error still occurs.

Ran game in both full screen and windows mode without alt+tabbing. It never got to a half hour before the error reccurred.

Can you please attach a save file, where this crash happens on the geoscape or at the end or during a combat? There are a lot of things that can cause the game to crash, it would be the easiest way to find out what the problem is.

Thanks!