[17.91 Ground/Geoscape - Standalone] Multiple bugs (Load Game/Grenades/Med kit)

Here are the bugs I've run into so far in 17.91.

Geoscape:

Load game - After first "Research Completed - New Manufactures Available" popup, it always appears on any loaded game. The list updates with what is available at that point.

Research - using the popup to go direct to research time does not stop. Returning to the geoscape and returning to research through the tab stops time.

Ground Combat:

Grenades - (I mentioned this in reply to another thread on grenades as well) When throwing grenades from the quick slot with nothing in either hand the grenades simply disappear. The normal sequence of events for this is: when I don't have enough TUs to throw a grenade with a rifle in hand, I drop the rifle and throw the grenade from the quick slot. If I instead move the grenade into hand first it works correctly. When it disappears no TUs are lost.

Grenades - When throwing a grenade if I pass the targeting cursor over an enemy and then away and return it will switch back to a normal targeting cross-hairs, rather than a grenade cross-hairs and fire the gun instead.

Med kit - randomly the med kit will show 5TU/1HP instead of 9TU/5HP. This seems to be most common on the same turn as the target unit was wounded or if the active unit is low on TUs (it appears to be low 20s from what I can tell so far). When it shows 5TU/1HP it actually only uses 1TU and cures 1HP. If you have 4TUs or less it will not work, but as long as you have at least 5TUs it will work and only use 1TU. It also does not cure wounds when showing 5TU/1HP. On the following turn the med kit works as normal (9TU/5HP), which leads me to lean towards low TUs being the issue with why the 5TU option shows, though I have not had enough occurrences to be sure.

I have also had the problem with aliens shooting through walls/across half the map (not from saved game). I also saw a couple of typos in the Xenopedia, but will have to add those later as I hadn't started taking notes at that point.

Grenades - When throwing a grenade if I pass the targeting cursor over an enemy and then away and return it will switch back to a normal targeting cross-hairs, rather than a grenade cross-hairs and fire the gun instead.

Med kit - randomly the med kit will show 5TU/1HP instead of 9TU/5HP. This seems to be most common on the same turn as the target unit was wounded or if the active unit is low on TUs (it appears to be low 20s from what I can tell so far). When it shows 5TU/1HP it actually only uses 1TU and cures 1HP. If you have 4TUs or less it will not work, but as long as you have at least 5TUs it will work and only use 1TU. It also does not cure wounds when showing 5TU/1HP. On the following turn the med kit works as normal (9TU/5HP), which leads me to lean towards low TUs being the issue with why the 5TU option shows, though I have not had enough occurrences to be sure.

These two for me also, meant to make a post about em but never got around to taking pics.

I have played further and have watched for the Med kit issue. It has happened a few more times, but I'm still not seeing the pattern. I had the med kit work fine down to under 20 TUs. It didn't switch to the 5TU mode until I was under 10TUs. I also made sure to try right clicking since I wasn't sure if I had before and it does nothing to change the # of TUs/HP.

-- Research - using the popup to go direct to research time does not stop. Returning to the geoscape and returning to research through the tab stops time.

For this one I have also done a bit more testing. It occurs if there is a go to manufactures popup after the go to research. If you click go to research clicking either option on the go to manufactures popup will cause the timer to start again on the research (I'm forgetting if the timer continued on the manufactures page if you went there or just restarted when returning to the research page, cancel restarted right away). If you cancel the research popup and just go to manufactures, or cancel both, all is fine.

I belive Giovanni has fixed the geoscape issues.

The grenade issues are already reported in our bugtracker.

I'll check the medikit one. The TU increase might be related to the state of your soldier. Is it crouching? Or facing in a 45 degree to the other soldier?

I'd have to do some checking to be sure, but I believe the medikit issue happened even when both were standing and not at a 45 degree angle. I can pretty much rule out the 45 degree angle as I rarely had them that way when using a medkit. I did have the injured unit crouch sometimes, but usualy I had them move to the unit with the medkit and then back out of the way so they would normally be standing while being healed. I'll have to replay and watch, though, to be sure as I did not record that in my notes.