Any Idea when a new press release will be ready, waiting to get this for Xmas present

Pretty much what it says in the question. I'd love to grab this game for myself and a buddy, but feel I've been burned a couple times buying Alphas/Betas.

So far everything sounds really great, but I was hoping for a new press version before I took the plunge. Any ETA?

How long before in missions save get done?

How's everyone feeling about this game right now? Seems all the posts I've read, pretty much all of them, are positive.

Pretty much what it says in the question. I'd love to grab this game for myself and a buddy, but feel I've been burned a couple times buying Alphas/Betas.

So far everything sounds really great, but I was hoping for a new press version before I took the plunge. Any ETA?

How long before in missions save get done?

How's everyone feeling about this game right now? Seems all the posts I've read, pretty much all of them, are positive.

If you're looking for a finished, playable game, this isn't it. Even if the tactical saves worked, you wouldn't be able to progress far. Buying it at this stage is a gesture of faith and support if you ask me.

Not trying to dissaude you from buying it of course - it really is a great game even now, and it's wonderful being able to watch it progress, and shape it by making suggestions and helping to squash bugs. I'm just saying that it sounds like you want to buy a finished/near-finished product to play through to completion, which this isn't. I think the release date is still "before 2012 is out" so, yeah. :)