[17.9 standalone] Grenades disappear from the inventory

On the battle map noticed a bug: when threw a grenade it disappeared from the inventory but wasn`t actually thrown. Maybe this is associated with 'custom soldiers` roles' because before next mission I took all the granedes from that soldier and adjusted his inventory manually and he could actually throw `em in the following mission.

remark: time units were not used for "throwing" of these "ghosty" grenades

Edited by flanker84

Not really, last night had a chance to try this on completely new rookies, who just passed their training and were relocated to the new base (tell this if matters), so they all had their role icon default, like the game decided, didn`t touch that. I equipped them manually. completely from scratch. And later on a mission one of them had that issue, but this happened to the second same grenade he tried to throw.

Frankly speaking and cannot catch the logic in this. It just happens sometimes with some troops, trying to throw second grenade the same turn. But it appears re-equipping them before next mission helps at least for the first grenade to throw, but I`m not 100% sure. If it`s so uncommon I`ll try to give you more accurate info next time.

• 2 weeks later...

I have also had an issue with grenades disappearing when used. For me, it has always been when trying to throw a grenade from the quick slot when there is nothing in the unit's hands. This normally would be a soldier with a 2 handed weapon who didn't have enough TUs to throw with the penalty, so I would drop the rifle and throw from the quick slot and the only affect would be losing the grenade. If I move the grenade into the unit's hand and throw it works.

This was on 17.91 Standalone.