[Vx 17.52 - Ground Combat - Unable to view within UFO, black tiles covering UFO

Hi,

Not sure if anyone reported this before. I encountered an overlay of black tiles when engaging light scout down sites. This blinds off the inside of the UFO.

The xenonauts managed to walk inside blindly, but I have to randomly click around to walk in the dark until an alien is spotted and neutralise it by mousing over until the target reticle is achieved.

I encountered an overlay of black tiles when engaging light scout down sites. This blinds off the inside of the UFO.

The xenonauts managed to walk inside blindly, but I have to randomly click around to walk in the dark until an alien is spotted and neutralise it by mousing over until the target reticle is achieved.

Although not intended, it does make you wondered why all crashed UFOs still conveniently have power for their lighting. :)

An occasional nice touch would be to have to use flares in an enclosed UFO environment. Or perhaps really, really dim emergency lighting for some craft depending on damage.

For me, this happens with all buildings, along with a range of other intermittent and varied issues. It does seem to be related to LOS in all cases though. I am doing some more testing and working on a more detailed report.

Amen. Played my first mission on my new Windows 8 laptop last night and had a hard time moving soldiers, as the "move perspective up/down levels" tool in the UI didn't seem to work.

Example: Select soldier. UI height tool at level 1, but all levels of buildings is displayed. Appear able to select and move to a square that's hidden behind a building visually from the player's perspective, but is in view of the soldier. Move soldier - game cuts down to correct level, then cuts back up to max levels displayed.

Everything else seems surprisingly smooth, though. I'm glad I'm not on a Mac anymore. Here's to hoping the game will be relatively bug free and feature complete in 2013.