Milestone 3.0.6 Released! (Experimental)

This update is also only accessible by switching to our Experimental branches (instructions on how to do so here) - although note they have slower load times and worse performance than normal builds due to the extra logging they contain!

Unfortunately this update breaks saves from prior to the previous build (3.0.5). We do try to avoid this happening where possible but sadly it is sometimes necessary with Experimental builds!

Gameplay Changes:

• Updated some of the Abduction missions so now they all give +20 Panic if you fail / ignore them, and the Panic reduction is always based purely on how many civilians you rescue.
  • Slightly reduced the Accuracy on the MARS Cannon weapons, with the cheapest fire mode having a greater Accuracy reduction but also a slight reduction in TU fire cost.
  • You now get a small notification when an AI unit dies from bleeding damage (as it wasn't always obvious what happened).
  • Alien melee weapons can no longer gib units through overdamage.
  • There's now a small animation when soldier pawns switch places in the dropship (on the Aircraft screen), which makes it easier to understand what's happening.

Bugfixes:

• Fixed some players suffering extremely long load times.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur performing certain movements with a jetpack.
  • Fixed the tutorial not booting up properly.
  • Fixed cancelling a research project causing it to be temporarily duplicated in the project list.
  • Fixed an issue where wounded soldiers (below 50% HP) would be incorrectly classed as injured (above 50% HP), and allowed to remain in the dropship.
  • Fixed several places where shelf tiles were incorrectly blocking movement in the Data Raid office maps, and one place where a parking bay was blocked by an invisible lorry.
  • Fixed the ATLAS Base mission conversation when you spot The General not being triggered correctly.
  • Fixed the tracks on the MARS continuing to spin after it stopped moving.
  • Fixed the MARS sometimes remaining visible after being destroyed.
  • Fixed the deployment zone green tiles sometimes remaining in place for the whole mission instead of disappearing.
  • Fixed Wraiths flickering when running.
  • Fixed occasional white flashes as the soldier portrait images loaded in on the tactical UI.
  • Fixed the Autofill Drosphip button not appearing immediately if you used RMB to unassign a soldier from a full dropship.
  • Fixed the Custom difficulty button on the New Campaign screen not being highlighted when you used custom campaign parameters.
  • Fixed the base navigation menu not updating correctly when you change base.
  • Fixed a typo in the Electroshock Pistol name.
  • Fixed the objective item indicator on the tactical UI soldier minitabs having the incorrect tooltip, and being unable to display double-digit numbers.
  • Fixed the date of death on the Soldier Memorial Screen using the language detected from your operating system location, not the language set in-game.
  • Like 3

Good news is the latest builds are now showing up in GOG Galaxy. The bad news is they still cannot be selected for installation. The only available version to install is 2.20.  I sent a GOG Support request in over the weekend regarding the issue to provide some pressure via an annoying support ticket that won't go away until it is resolved.

Galaxy.png

6 hours ago, Melee said:

Good news is the latest builds are now showing up in GOG Galaxy. The bad news is they still cannot be selected for installation. The only available version to install is 2.20.  I sent a GOG Support request in over the weekend regarding the issue to provide some pressure via an annoying support ticket that won't go away until it is resolved.

Galaxy.png

Hmm - I just tested it myself and getting 3.0.6 worked fine for me. I had auto-updates enabled though.