V2.08d Game gets stuck on initial loading screen after updating to Milestone 2 from Milestone 1

foxfire

I did a clean install as advised in this forum. Since Milestone 2 was released i tried different patches, (Clean installed every time)

After starting the game I immediately get a loading screen which says loading strategic layer Day 23 and its stuck at 57%.

After deleting all the saves im confused, why this would happen.

I use -gameSaveFolder=" to specify my saves folder since it was neccessary for me to be able to play Milestone 1.

Removing -gameSaveFolder=" yields the same result.

Unfortunately there is no log file present, since I have to qiut the game via ALT+F4.

Ideas on how to fix it would be really appreciated

Edited by foxfire

• foxfire changed the title to V2.08d Game gets stuck on initial loading screen after updating to Milestone 2 from Milestone 1

Just to clarify, so after deleting the Xenonauts folder on the My Games folder and performing a clean reinstall, launching the game doesn't bring you to the main menu, instead it immediately proceeds to a loading screen?

That is really strange, but we'll try to help you get it fixed!

So, this are the steps i followred so far:

- I deleted all traces of xenonauts 2 from my computer and my network shares and did a "clean install" of the newest beta, I tried launching the game with and without -gameSaveFolder="mypath"

==> same error as mentioned above

I went back to milestone 1 which still crashes if I dont add -gameSaveFolder="mypath" to the launch options. With -gameSaveFolder="mypath" it launches normally and no save game or config files were present.

Deleted all xenonauts traces from my pc and network shares again and "clean installed" newest Beta.

I dont think the error is linked to an old save or config file, since there are none left.

Any Ideas?

14 hours ago, foxfire said:

So, this are the steps i followred so far:

- I deleted all traces of xenonauts 2 from my computer and my network shares and did a "clean install" of the newest beta, I tried launching the game with and without -gameSaveFolder="mypath"

I went back to milestone 1 which still crashes if I dont add -gameSaveFolder="mypath" to the launch options. With -gameSaveFolder="mypath" it launches normally and no save game or config files were present.

Deleted all xenonauts traces from my pc and network shares again and "clean installed" newest Beta.

I dont think the error is linked to an old save or config file, since there are none left.

Any Ideas?

Hey foxfire, sorry I wasn't able to get back to you.

Generally speaking we wouldn't recommend installing Xenonauts 2 on shared network folders as it tends to complicate the way the files are supposed to be accessed.
I think the issue was caused by milestone 2 including preparation for modding compatibility that added a folder that the game couldn't access on a shared network folder.
However we've made a fix for this issue in our next patch that should allow you to play the milestone 2 version, which should be out relatively soon!

If you still can't play the game after the patch comes out, please let us know!