Milestone 2.08c Released! (Experimental)

This update is also only accessible by switching to our Experimental branches (instructions on how to do so here) - although note they have slower load times and worse performance than normal builds due to the extra logging they contain!

This is a small stability patch for Milestone 2.08 that should fix several of the most serious bugs in the game. We'll be releasing 2.09 later this week which should include more content. 

Balance / Gameplay Changes:

• The Exosuit armour now has a "Heavy Armour" visual variant.
  • The Observer no longer incorrectly has 1 HP, and is now back to 300 HP.
  • Stun Gun is no longer a starting item, and is now unlocked from Xenobiology.
  • Slightly updated the construction cost and sell prices of all manufactured soldier weapons. Shotguns and Rifles are now slightly cheaper, Gauss weapons are more expensive, and Lasers & Gauss weapons have higher starting sale prices.

Bugfixes:

• Fixed the game crashing on construction of a MARS or other vehicle.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur on completion on a tactical mission if a soldier / vehicle had been killed in the battle.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur engaging an Observer in air combat.
  • Fixed an issue where soldiers could appear with no visible armour / body once they'd be unassigned from the dropship.
  • Fixed melee weapons not properly pathing to the target any more.

• Fixed a crash that could occur on completion on a tactical mission if a soldier / vehicle had been killed in the battle.

Does this address the "soldier rescue" mission as well? Mistakenly took a full dropship, and since there was no room to take the 3 survivors they were KIA at mission end and I got a CTD as reward. 

22 hours ago, OTZ said:

Does this address the "soldier rescue" mission as well? Mistakenly took a full dropship, and since there was no room to take the 3 survivors they were KIA at mission end and I got a CTD as reward. 

I would imagine so, yeah, as I think that's treated the same as a normal combat death - but if you see it happen again then please report it as a bug!