Milestone 2.05 Prototype Test Build released!

This is another update to our early test build for Milestone 2. The purpose of this build is to get feedback on the gameplay mechanics before we commit to updating all the lore / writing, and adding any new artwork required to support the new features and changes.

We've therefore released the game onto our new Prototype branches rather than our Experimental branches, as we only want people playing the build who have read this post and understand what the build is for! You can access the Prototype branches by using the password "xenonautsproto" in Steam.

Changes:

• Fixed the crash that would occur around day 75, when Alien Resupply missions would begin to (potentially) spawn on the Geoscape.
  • Fixed a crash when you tried to do the tutorial.
  • Fixed the Heavy Armour version of the Warden having an incorrect visual appearence in the tactical missions.
  • Fixed the Wraith Corpse Analysis project incorrect unlocking off the Sebillian autopsy research.

Started the new update campaign, so far I'm liking things but have run into two bugs so far: I couldn't finish the tutorial, the step to use the predictive shooting (click on a move order, hold shift to see the chances, and then execute) would not work no matter what I did. I just completed the mission to rescue the three survivors from the initial base, and all three were listed as KIA at the end of the mission screen despite being very alive at the end of the mission.

7 hours ago, FNGPliskin said:

Started the new update campaign, so far I'm liking things but have run into two bugs so far: I couldn't finish the tutorial, the step to use the predictive shooting (click on a move order, hold shift to see the chances, and then execute) would not work no matter what I did. I just completed the mission to rescue the three survivors from the initial base, and all three were listed as KIA at the end of the mission screen despite being very alive at the end of the mission.

Thanks. I’ll check the tutorial tomorrow then.

For the rescued soldiers, was there space in the dropship? You should get a notification telling you to leave space in the dropship to bring them back. If you don’t, they’ll be listed as KIA.

14 hours ago, Divisible by Zero said:

HI, I was just wondering. are the 2.+ prototype branches only available for steam users? I'm on the GOG beta channel and it will only download up to 1.33b 

Thanks

Yeah, it is only for Steam users right now because it's simpler for these quick build tests. It should be out as a proper experimental build for GOG users to play by the end of the week though.

On 10/1/2023 at 3:21 AM, FNGPliskin said:

Hello. I have the same problem with tutorial. It is impossible to shoot if one of the keys Shift or Ctrl is held down. In the next mission this mechanics doing well.

Moreover

1) There is no information about to how to change the shooting mode in the Russian version of the tutorial. The sentence "Hover over the target and use right-click to change to the cheaper fire mode, then attack the target" is translated incorrectly: "Наведите указатель на цель и проведите атаку" that is mean only "Hover over the target and attack." The more suitable variant is "Наведите указатель на цель и кликните правой кнопкой мыши для изменения режима стрельбы на более быстрый, а затем проведите атаку".

2) There are incorrect parameters of Armor and Weight for Defender armor at Xenopedia tab.

3) If I quit the game to main menu and then change language, load save and return to Xenopedia tab then I see the list of technologies in previous language at left side.

4) The Bravery parameter have incorrect name "Натиск" in the Russian version. This word is suitable for main parameter of shock cavalry. The more suitable variant is one of "Храбрость" or "Отвага".