LOCAL FORCES ARMOR/UNIFORMS - HOW TO GET THEM

Back in Xenonauts 1 there was a  Desert camo variant of the default armor available to local forces i really liked. Thankfully to change the way they look was really easy, as they're all sprites and you could do it with a simple copy, paste and name change.

But i want to do the same here. I like REALLY the way local forces armor looks like instead of the janitorial blue armor your men have.

Is it possible to somehow change just the look of the armor? I don't care, it can change everything - stats, health etc. but all i want is the armor look

In Xenonauts 1 it was as easy as replacing the sprites.... i'm  guessing this one isn't that simple.

There was a mad lad who managed to make a modding tool for X2, they posted here on general discussion. I haven't gotten around poking about and messing around but I feel like it be a bit more painful to mod since the files are vastly different from X1.

https://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/index.php?/topic/35796-mod-loader/#comment-204525

Supposedly the developers are working on a modding tool too, but I been waiting since the kickstarter in 2018 and got doubts about that one feature coming out.

Edited by Sunnybuns

9 hours ago, Sunnybuns said:

...I feel like it be a bit more painful to mod...

Might be a bit of an understatement :)

The games built in Unity now so takes advantage of the way Unity does stuff. That means almost everything is stored in a Unity asset bundle which makes it harder to swap stuff about.

Hopefully the mod tools that are being created will make that easier. 

I'm the mad lad that created the mod loader btw :) 

Edited by 38Simulated
  • Thanks 1