[V1.30B - Ground Combat] Multiple soldiers on the same tile

Zach

1) jetpack moved one solider to location

2) sent another soldier to the same location

3) soldier that was walking arrived first and jetpack soldier landed on occupied tile

PS.

Also noticed that I can't cancel soldier movements when jetpack is engaged. I think mechanics needs to be reworked.

X2.jpg

I understand why the jetpack has to start and end on a tile, it'd be kind of silly to see a soldier just idling in the air (as often happened in the first game). It also means that enemies can't shoot a soldier out of the air, because the movement is uninterruptible. Maybe some kind of special flag can be made so the flying unit is considered to already have arrived while they're in transit, so this doesn't happen? Obviously reaction fire would need to be tweaked so it can only happen after the soldier's arrived?

On the other side, I wonder how the game handles cover when two soldiers are standing atop each-other. Does taking a shot risk shooting the other soldier if they don't crouch? Or can they both stand and fire, because neither is in 'front' of the other?