[V1.28b - Air Combat] Escaping from battle, UFO momentarily gains HP

Zach

I engage a UFO, inflict damage, then escape. As the screen is transitioning, the UFO's HP jump up seemingly randomly. It might go from say 103/125 to 112/125.

But then if I engage it immediately afterwards, it will still be at 103/125 (as it should).

On 7/31/2023 at 11:55 PM, Zach said:

I engage a UFO, inflict damage, then escape. As the screen is transitioning, the UFO's HP jump up seemingly randomly. It might go from say 103/125 to 112/125.

But then if I engage it immediately afterwards, it will still be at 103/125 (as it should).

Yeah this is likely because the HP and Armour of a UFO is modified by the number of aircraft attacking it (you'll see "normal" values with 2 planes). You can disable this as part of the campaign settings if you don't like it.

Hey Chris. Maybe I didn't explain carefully enough. This scenario happened when I used one interceptor to engage one UFO. That interceptor fled the battle and then re-engaged the same UFO (or I used a different interceptor... I don't recall). Anyhow, it's a HP glitch.

I understand what you're talking about and that wasn't it.