Milestone 1.27 Released! (Experimental)

This update is also only accessible by switching to our Experimental branches (instructions on how to do so here) - although note they have slower load times and worse performance than normal builds due to the extra logging they contain!

Gameplay Changes:

• The intro cinematic and the game mechanic popups are now enabled at the start of each campaign, regardless of whether the tutorial is enabled or not.
  • Cleaner SMGs and Cleaner Accelerated Rifles are now recoverable and usable (by popular demand).
  • Xenonaut Sentry Guns can now open doors, but are unable to crush objects.
  • TU costs for abilities are now rounded up rather than down. This fixed some odd situations where it was occasionally better to have fewer TU.
  • Reduced the spawn rate of Cleaner anomalies at the start of the game.

Key Fixes:

• Fixed a pathfinding crash that had been introduced in 1.26, which usually crashed during the AI turn but also could affect the player.
  • Fixed a bug that could cause multiple popups to spawn when intercepting UFOs or sending a dropship to a tactical mission. In both cases this could cause crashes.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur on the Soldier Recruitment panel due to a corrupted Kickstarter backer soldier.
  • Fixed a bug where the day 180 "Content Complete" popup was not being shown, and the game loss conditions were not triggering if you lost enough regions.

General Fixes:

• Fixed grenades / aircraft missiles not properly upgrading if you skip the Alenium project and go straight for Fusion.
  • Fixed the tactical soldier inventory incorrectly charging TU for you to pick an item up and then put it back in the same spot.
  • Fixed the tactical soldier inventory incorrectly forgetting to charge TU if you moved the same item multiple times.
  • It should no longer be possible to use a jetpack to fly between rooms in the Alien Base, or to jetpack through the roof of the Dragonfly dropship.
  • MARS vehicles now correctly display their names in the tactical combat.
  • Disabled the day 300 Orbital Bombardment research report (which wasn't supposed to be in the game).
  • Psyon VIP on Cleaner Cell missions no longer reports recovering both a Stunned Psyon and a Cleaner VIP if captured alive.
  • Stalker Stealth Armour no longer shows the hair of soldiers floating inside their helmet.
  • Dead Cyberdrones should no longer appear to be alive again after loading a save.
  • Fixed some terrain objects in the Xenonaut base showing a bright pink error texture when destroyed.
  • Fixed the Boreal sawmill building roofs so they correctly disappear if destroyed.
  • Fixed typos in the strategy tutorial, Frag Grenade tooltip, and Ballistic Weapons and Fighter Datacore research text.
  • Fixed the Engineering recruit panel having tooltips referring to scientists instead of engineers.
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, Chris said:

TU costs for abilities are now rounded up rather than down. This fixed some odd situations where it was occasionally better to have fewer TU.

would this not create more frustrating situations then solve solutions, as you have common abilities that take exactly 50%...that means those abilities could not be executed twice in a turn if the total TU on the soldier is an odd number (also a common situation)

I don't play on experimental, but since experimental will eventually seep into the early access.

2 minutes ago, Conductiv said:

would this not create more frustrating situations then solve solutions, as you have common abilities that take exactly 50%...that means those abilities could not be executed twice in a turn if the total TU on the soldier is an odd number (also a common situation)

I don't play on experimental, but since experimental will eventually seep into the early access.

There shouldn't really be abilities that take exactly 50% TU for that reason - they should cost either 49% or 51% (or however far you need to go to avoid this happening). Grenades for example cost 51% to throw so no soldiers should ever be able to throw two in one turn.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Chris said:

There shouldn't really be abilities that take exactly 50% TU for that reason - they should cost either 49% or 51% (or however far you need to go to avoid this happening). Grenades for example cost 51% to throw so no soldiers should ever be able to throw two in one turn.

that is a solid reason and I get that some abilities are preferably not performed twice by the same soldier on the same turn. when talking about common 50%TU abilities I was mainly referring to the triple burst ability, so far the tooltip of every assault rifle and machinegun triple burst states that it costs 50% TU, the costs of these would then have to be changed in order to avoid the "+1 AP made me unable to do this twice..while I could before" problem that the roundup would cause. the ability would benefit from being used twice against enemies that failed their initial shot as a single burst from an AR is unlikely to suppress the enemy

Cleaner SMGs and Cleaner Accelerated Rifles are now recoverable and usable (by popular demand).

Amazing, I never asked for this myself but I saw lots of posts asking for this, but now that it is here I think it will be quite the cool thing to spice up the Cleaner missions, thanks for listening to the players!

I don't expect a couple Accelerated Weapons to tip the balance too far into the game being too easy, but enough to make the Cleaner missions feel way more rewarding.

Especially fluff-wise it makes me feel like they are great at "introducing" you to the alien menace by presenting tech that is still familiar but already beyond your starting tech, which is supposed to be state of the art for humans :D

Edited by bifohe6676

once soldier are upgraded can fire any twice. A rookies in the normal army would be slower an a trained one. I look at the age of one of my soldiers at the beginning and then 2 years later and his the same age. I got a problem with the pick up of aliens and cleaners. I put a tactual and plate in my backpack but cant drop them to make way for a capture. 

• Chris changed the title to Milestone 1.27 Released! (Experimental)