My two cents

Played through to 180 days and eagerly waiting for more.

Good:
* Scratched the X-COM itch pretty much perfectly, only missing three story buildings to blow up.
* For an EA game I had absolutely zero game breaking bugs, actually no bugs that I can recall.

Neutral:
* Non meaningful research objectives, eg. magnetic vs laser weapons seems kinda pointless to get the former before you're up to gauss cannons etc at which point you'll need it to upgrade your interceptors, others just not being finished yet (interrogations).

Bad:
* Lack of mission variety, there're essentially three kinds: Eliminate all hostiles, Eliminate all hostiles (but you can also just take the UFO), Go next to and touch enough things + make it out alive

Nitpicks:
* Missing a shot by 45 degrees or more is just BS, like no matter how bad the chances to hit are missing shouldn't mean the character shoots 45 degrees away from where they aimed or they wouldn't have passed any kind of weapons handling test to be considered for recruitment. Same goes for MARS shooting missiles way off target thou it's pretty hilarious when it misses a wall that is in front of it to hit a bus that's way off to the side.
* Loading times between geoscape and tactical missions. I wouldn't mind the load times if they were mostly when loading a save, having to wait about 1-2 minutes to start a tactical battle from the geoscape and then another to get back seems to have a lot of room for improvement.
* Some Achievements that probably should work but don't seem to yet: Future Warfare (assuming laser counts as energy weapon), Counterfire (assuming based on the description any reaction fire should count and not returning fire), Ultimate Power (12 colonel team cleaning out an UFO didn't trigger it)

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Novadea said:

Played through to 180 days and eagerly waiting for more.

Good:
* Scratched the X-COM itch pretty much perfectly, only missing three story buildings to blow up.
* For an EA game I had absolutely zero game breaking bugs, actually no bugs that I can recall.

Neutral:
* Non meaningful research objectives, eg. magnetic vs laser weapons seems kinda pointless to get the former before you're up to gauss cannons etc at which point you'll need it to upgrade your interceptors, others just not being finished yet (interrogations).

Bad:
* Lack of mission variety, there're essentially three kinds: Eliminate all hostiles, Eliminate all hostiles (but you can also just take the UFO), Go next to and touch enough things + make it out alive

Nitpicks:
* Missing a shot by 45 degrees or more is just BS, like no matter how bad the chances to hit are missing shouldn't mean the character shoots 45 degrees away from where they aimed or they wouldn't have passed any kind of weapons handling test to be considered for recruitment. Same goes for MARS shooting missiles way off target thou it's pretty hilarious when it misses a wall that is in front of it to hit a bus that's way off to the side.
* Loading times between geoscape and tactical missions. I wouldn't mind the load times if they were mostly when loading a save, having to wait about 1-2 minutes to start a tactical battle from the geoscape and then another to get back seems to have a lot of room for improvement.
* Some Achievements that probably should work but don't seem to yet: Future Warfare (assuming laser counts as energy weapon), Counterfire (assuming based on the description any reaction fire should count and not returning fire), Ultimate Power (12 colonel team cleaning out an UFO didn't trigger it)

Thanks for writing out this feedback. I'll add it to my reading list for next week once the stability fixes are done, but I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed the game overall!