1.23 Breaks saves

6 minutes ago, NickRowan said:

If I try load a save that's on the strategic layer (Geoscape) the game crashes to desktop. I can load into a mission but as soon as I complete the mission and return to the Geoscape the game crashes.

output_log.txt 42.41 kB · 1 download Xenonauts 2.zip 12.82 MB · 1 download

Thanks. That's really strange, I can load those saves fine. Can you try reinstalling the game? looks like it might maybe be corrupted?

I switched to the debug branch and it worked... That's really weird. Will try save and then switch back and see what happens.

Edit: Okay that seems to resolve it.

1. Switch to Debug,
  2. load latest save,
  3. make a new save,
  4. exit.
  5. switch back to default branch,
  6. load the new save.

output_log.txt

Edited by NickRowan

I don't think the default branch is patching to 1.23 correctly.

On the main menu on the default branch it's only showing milestone 1.22 in the bottom left. Even though I've updated and even did a validate game files.

Edit: nevermind - I see in the 1.23 thread you reverted to 1.22

Edited by NickRowan

9 minutes ago, NickRowan said:

I don't think the default branch is patching to 1.23 correctly.

On the main menu on the default branch it's only showing milestone 1.22 in the bottom left. Even though I've updated and even did a validate game files.

Edit: nevermind - I see in the 1.23 thread you reverted to 1.22

Yeah. Thanks for posting up the bug nice and quickly, it stopped us leaving a broken build live for too long.

We've got a save game that causes the crash now, so we can fix it and re-release later today!

6 hours ago, NickRowan said:

Awesome,

Shout if you need any of the branches tested.

Thanks. Funny you should say that, actually - we've just released our first Experimental build and we would appreciate some people giving it a quick test before we push it out to the general public.

(Also, if you're enjoying the game, the other thing that does genuinely help us is to leave a Steam review - but no pressure on that front!)