Milestone 1.23 Released!

We've released another stability patch for the Early Access version of Xenonauts 2. We'll be releasing two patches today, and this is the "safe" update that everyone will recieve immediately.

The second update will come in a few hours and will arrive on our Experimental branches for some testing before general release - but we'll explain that in full when we release it!

Milestone 1.23 Changelog:

• The random number generator seed is now randomised by default when you load a save, as the saved seed appeared to be confusing some players. Saved games will no longer play out exactly the same way every time when you load them, unless you manually deselect the "Reset Seed" checkbox in the bottom right of the Load Game screen (doing this is often important if you're testing to try and reproduce a bug).
  • Fixed a crash at the end of Terror Sites and Landed UFO missions that would occur if the mission timed out while the dropship was in flight towards it (you can now just continue playing those saves).
  • Fixed a crash that would occur if you were holding Shift while attempting to use a grenade or medikit.

EDIT - this build was temporarily reverted due to breaking save games, but has now returned in a fixed version named Milestone 1.23b,

Jep, same here, crashing about 80-90.. at least i could load into tactical mission, but after finishing it tries to load the geoscape and crashes.

Edit: Save before mission in geoscape which results in crash and last turn mission save attached.

auto_strategy_before_combat-25.json auto_groundcombat_turn_5_start-243.json

Edited by Nosebaer
saves attached

7 minutes ago, reaper3122 said:

unable to load saved games since latest patch 1.23 no save will load have tried unchecking box for reset saved seed still crashes game . after save selected get load screen counter gets to around 80 - 90 and game resets to desktop .

Hey, sorry to hear you're having issues. Can you try deleting your game files and reinstalling?

If that doesn't work then it'd be great if you could post up a save for me to check. The saves are in My Documents/My Games/Xenonauts 2/

10 minutes ago, Chris said:

Hey, sorry to hear you're having issues. Can you try deleting your game files and reinstalling?

If that doesn't work then it'd be great if you could post up a save for me to check. The saves are in My Documents/My Games/Xenonauts 2/

no joy after reinstall of game files . I have included the manual save and the auto that was before 

auto_strategy_before_intercept-33.json user_day_109_manual_save-14.json

11 minutes ago, reaper3122 said:

ok new info any save after i took out the cleaner base wont load but managed to load the save before the base attack 

8 minutes ago, Novadea said:

Same here, was playing, quit the game to eat, came back to an update and now loading any save crashes at 90%. Removing the saves I've just played twenty plus hours for isn't a valid solution.

Thanks guys. I've reverted back to 1.22 for now and we'll take a look and see if we can figure out what's going wrong.

After a bit more testing I can confirm that loading into tactical mission works, loading any save for geoscape where the cleaner main base has been found or taken out seems to crash, at least from the saves I've around the time when it appeared.

Edited by Novadea

9 minutes ago, Chris said:

Thanks guys. I've reverted back to 1.22 for now and we'll take a look and see if we can figure out what's going wrong.

Thanks for the fast response. For anyone else wondering when Steam will do the rollback, just reinstall the game to get back to 1.22.

1 minute ago, Novadea said:

Thanks for the fast response. For anyone else wondering when Steam will do the rollback, just reinstall the game to get back to 1.22.

Restarting Steam works too. Thanks for the info regarding the Cleaner Base!

• Chris changed the title to Milestone 1.23 Released!