[v1.22 - Ground Combat] After Enemy Overwatch Shot Map Goes Black

Description:
After a unit triggers an enemy overwatch attack the shot animates and then the map goes black but the UI still appears and is interactable.

What Happened:
MARS unit moved 4 spaces forward triggering an overwatch, shot animated and screen went black (possibly straight to black, possibly 'moved'? too fast to tell). The UI (unit, weapons, enemy red orange indicators) all still visible and could move between units by pressing spacebar but the map/screen stayed completely black. On a reload the shot happened and the screen didn't go black, but moved a rifleman forward to the wall resulting in another overwatch shot and again the screen went black as soon as the shot trail animated but the UI was still visible.

Further Information:

• Surface Pro 8 running Windows 10 (11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz   2.42 GHz, 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)). Both times full screen, first time resolution 2880x1920, second time 1920x1080 same bug.
  • I don't know if the output log file is correct - I do not have an outputs folder in My Documents, only the saves folder. This output log was found in the C:/...steamapps/.../xenonauts2data folder.
  • To reproduce on my system just load the save and move troops forward to trigger overwatch shots.

output_log.txt user_day_13_cleaner_intelligence_hub_manual_save-2.json

On 7/20/2023 at 2:56 PM, itschriscollins said:

Description:
After a unit triggers an enemy overwatch attack the shot animates and then the map goes black but the UI still appears and is interactable.

What Happened:
MARS unit moved 4 spaces forward triggering an overwatch, shot animated and screen went black (possibly straight to black, possibly 'moved'? too fast to tell). The UI (unit, weapons, enemy red orange indicators) all still visible and could move between units by pressing spacebar but the map/screen stayed completely black. On a reload the shot happened and the screen didn't go black, but moved a rifleman forward to the wall resulting in another overwatch shot and again the screen went black as soon as the shot trail animated but the UI was still visible.

Further Information:

• Surface Pro 8 running Windows 10 (11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz   2.42 GHz, 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)). Both times full screen, first time resolution 2880x1920, second time 1920x1080 same bug.
  • I don't know if the output log file is correct - I do not have an outputs folder in My Documents, only the saves folder. This output log was found in the C:/...steamapps/.../xenonauts2data folder.
  • To reproduce on my system just load the save and move troops forward to trigger overwatch shots.

output_log.txt 41.66 kB · 0 downloads user_day_13_cleaner_intelligence_hub_manual_save-2.json 1.3 MB · 0 downloads

Thanks. Sorry for the slow reply, we were focusing on crash bugs over the past few days. I can't reproduce this on my machine - the MARS triggers reaction fire if I move forward one or two tiles with it, but the visuals don't go black. I've heard a few other people reporting this bug though.

Have you changed the graphics settings at all?