Funding report line items

So I'm a bit unclear on where the $240,000 bonus is for research completion, There doesn't seem to be a line item for it,

Is it baked into the Funding increases from funding regions?

Also I don't see the increase from funding for difficulty (soldier is 110%) so is that baked into the funding regions increases as well?

For newer players, and OCD folks like me, would it be possible to add those as income line items instead?

So you would have all the regions funding, then a line something like "Research Royalties" and the amount your research has added to your funding

If possible I would like to have a line item for the % addition for funding for easier settings to reinforce ou are getting an advantage but that's just me. The Line item for research seems like it would be important as right now it doesn't seem to be added to your total funds at funding report (or it total funds showing on GeoScape.

Idea: A future difficulty adjustment could be the Research has diminishing returns so each month a specific research is out there it goes down by 10% leveling off at 50% max reduction. Thus encouraging you to research the plot at a cit slower pace to maximize monetary income over the long haul?

Screenshot funding end of month1.png

OK I just did the math and the Research extra $ do not seem to be added in at all to total funds, The Screen shot shows total amount in upper left - I had 234,000 left in the funds before end of month. I completed the first two projects which said +$240,000 each per month. They are not being added in. I added up yhe funding and subtracted the expenses and it comes out to the amount shown in the report, so those research projects are not adding any funds to my total.

Screenshot funding end of month2.png

I don't understand -- how do you know the extra $240k isn't included in the country funding amounts (e.g., they are $40k higher each than they would be if you hadn't done the project)? The only way I see to test is it to save the game and redo it without doing the research program and check if the funding is the same or if it's lower.

I think there is a very good point that how funding works seems quite opaque. I've started to try and deconstruct it as like Dren608. Off my limited data set I've collected I think there is a correlation between panic and funding. so in regions where panic rises the most the drop in income seems most pronounced. It does look like there is some random factor being applied and I'll just need more data to deconstruct the formula. 

From a UI perspective I'd much prefer this to be clear and transparent from the page so I understood better why funding was changing. The way it works now, for new players, funding looks pretty arbitrary, and IMO that's not a good thing. 

• Like 1

I don't mind having a random element, but I think the game ought to provide feedback loops to players so that we know what we are doing well and what badly. So showing that funding is lower because panic is rising would be a useful feedback loop. Personally I'd prefer a tooltip showing a breakdown/rationale of why the funding change as happened, but maybe I play too many Paradox games!  

The game tells you that funding is lower if panic is higher, right? You don't need to see the exact calculation to know that.

I'm not against more detailed information, or maybe someone will write a guide that goes into all of the details. But it doesn't seem a super high priority for Early Access.

My problem was not that the funding changed, You add up all the funding amounts then subtract the expenses and you have the number in the report. fine, but I did two projects that the "reward" was +240,000 in funding monthly. That does not seem to be added to my funding. If it is added to each region amount then it should say that. Right now it looks like you are not getting it to the average/new player. Thus I would suggest that the amounts should be their own line item that is either constant or if the Devs have time a decreasing amount based on reduced royalties etc. as the information becomes readily available to more countries. Right now it does not seem to be in my total funding at all.

2 hours ago, Dren608 said:

My problem was not that the funding changed, You add up all the funding amounts then subtract the expenses and you have the number in the report. fine, but I did two projects that the "reward" was +240,000 in funding monthly. That does not seem to be added to my funding. If it is added to each region amount then it should say that.

Certainly there are lots of things that could be explained in more detail. But if it’s working properly and this is just an explanation issue then that’s different than if it’s not working properly.

1 hour ago, Dren608 said:

It is not working properly as far as I can tell, the additional funds/month are not being added to the totals that I can see

How can you tell? The only way I know that you could tell is to try playing from the same save game and try doing the research and not doing the research and do everything else the same and see if your income goes up. Has anyone done that test?

2 hours ago, Dren608 said:

It is not working properly as far as I can tell, the additional funds/month are not being added to the totals that I can see

I think it is working correctly. The reason you didn't see a $240k increase is because a random element and rising panic also changes the contributions, and the some amount. Where I think the game can improve is by making that more transparent so it isn't just arbitrary numbers which bear no immediate relationship to what you may be expecting to see. 

I just did the Testing and it looks like it is not added in at all, I think reloading saved games also resets the Seed for events etc. so there are minor differences, All the panic is below start levels the highest is at 15 in LA and single digits for Europe and NA.

With or without the final numbers in report are about 60K apart, I would have expected a larger split to reflect that funding amount from the research.

I will try a controlled run to see if difference is actually there

Edited by Dren608
removing incorrect images

OK so in bug reports I got this from Chris:

I think these work fine actually, it's just they're not the only thing affecting the calculation.

You need to take a save game / screenshot of the Funding Report just before the research completes and then take another one afterwards. You'll see all the regions increase their funding by $40,000 after it completes. But if Panic changes in a region the income will also change accordingly.

So it is buried in the Regions, there is no indication that this is the case, just "up by $240,000" in the research description. I had ridiculously low Panic and it still didn't seem to matter on funding to go up, only the incidents that happen and panic above start seem to reduce it, there doesn't see mto be any bonus to keeping panic low (I had it in single digits in 3 regions) So I would like an under the hood explanation of the Factors they are using because it seems to be a Random number is Generated, then start deductions, only addition being your research that gives funding?

As the player you should get rewarded for protecting regions by increased funding, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

At least some sort of dialogue or tool tips for each region at funding that gives you a reason why your funding is lagging.

OH well the planet will just have to get conquered due to lack of funding :rolleyes:

On 7/24/2023 at 11:37 PM, Dren608 said:

OK so in bug reports I got this from Chris:

So it is buried in the Regions, there is no indication that this is the case, just "up by $240,000" in the research description. I had ridiculously low Panic and it still didn't seem to matter on funding to go up, only the incidents that happen and panic above start seem to reduce it, there doesn't see mto be any bonus to keeping panic low (I had it in single digits in 3 regions) So I would like an under the hood explanation of the Factors they are using because it seems to be a Random number is Generated, then start deductions, only addition being your research that gives funding? g

As the player you should get rewarded for protecting regions by increased funding, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

At least some sort of dialogue or tool tips for each region at funding that gives you a reason why your funding is lagging.

OH well the planet will just have to get conquered due to lack of funding :rolleyes:

I completely agree with your assessment of "Unveiling the Depths of Creativity.
"The exhibition's diverse range of artworks and boundary-pushing nature truly left a
profound impact on me as well. It's an experience that I highly recommend to anyone who
appreciates art and its transformative power.

Edited by kamini83