Geoscape update?

Hello Devs, are there any plans to upgrade the Geoscape during the early access period? I find the use of the Mercator projection very jarring against the use of the circular radar ranges. I don't know if either a globe style Geoscape or distorting the radar circle would look better, but I feel both are preferable to the current situation where Greenland and the Russian far east are stretched beyond coverage.

Yeah, I can appreciate it's annoying. The reason we went for it is because it allows us to have the whole world visible at once, which is handy when there's a lot of UFOs flying about (whereas with a spherical globe you can only see half the world at any one time). I'm not always convinced we made the right choice but it's a pretty fundamental system so changing it would be quite a bit of work - probably a bit beyond the scope of Early Access.

However I think I'd want to add a spherical globe option if we do an expansion pack for Xenonauts 2, so players could just pick whichever one they preferred.

Distorting the radar does get suggested sometimes but honestly it'd look SUPER weird (particularly once you get close to the poles). That'd probably end up being the worst of the possible options imo.

Could the world map just be generated? 

I'm happy to play on 70s alternate earth-like( large continent mostly water) planet and be disconnected from the emotional issues map projection causes - plus having different land and sea arrangements would create different challenges too