[V17.1 - Starting the game] Huge lag starting the game from Desura

Maybe this doesn't belong here, I am not sure to be honest.

When I start the game from Desura often the launcher won't come up. I'll wait around, bob around on the net and then 20 minutes later I'll have it come up. Sometimes a few if I have tried launching again between then and now.

It's really obnoxious but bearable. I'm just wondering if it's me, desura or the game.

I am assuming it is the game because I have no problem with the Battle of Wesnoth which I also play on Desura.

Anyway, let me know if you guys have experienced this.

I'm hoping it just goes away or gets fixed in a patch.

I have a bit of a pause between clicking the .exe and it going to the game menu, form my own PC. More 20 seconds than 20 minutes, but I can't imagine it's anything else than trawling through the large number of files. There are thread s where the devs are looking at such things, so expect some improvements.

I have a bit of a pause between clicking the .exe and it going to the game menu, form my own PC. More 20 seconds than 20 minutes, but I can't imagine it's anything else than trawling through the large number of files. There are thread s where the devs are looking at such things, so expect some improvements.

Thanks for the heads up!

• 2 weeks later...