[m1.07 - Ground Combat] CtD rescuing abductee

Melee

I've seen this numerous times. Since it's non-replicable I haven't reported it.

Often happens with releasing abduction tubes, but I've had similar non-replicable crashes as well. Reloading the game and doing the exact same move again works just fine in all cases so I'm not sure how easy it'll be to track down the cause.

The logs show the code module, line, and exception type where it crashed.  If they get enough bread crumbs they may create a path to resolution.  I think reporting in any case gives a sense of how prevalent the bug is which could help with prioritizing fixes.  If they don't want non-replicable crashes they can tell us, but I think CtDs need eradication with prejudice.

6 hours ago, SoftwareSimian said:

I've seen this numerous times. Since it's non-replicable I haven't reported it.

Often happens with releasing abduction tubes, but I've had similar non-replicable crashes as well. Reloading the game and doing the exact same move again works just fine in all cases so I'm not sure how easy it'll be to track down the cause.

5 hours ago, Melee said:

The logs show the code module, line, and exception type where it crashed.  If they get enough bread crumbs they may create a path to resolution.  I think reporting in any case gives a sense of how prevalent the bug is which could help with prioritizing fixes.  If they don't want non-replicable crashes they can tell us, but I think CtDs need eradication with prejudice.

Thanks. Yeah, I think it's a good idea to report CTDs even if they're not replicable, especially if you're playing on the Experimental branches and you can post up the logs. Sometimes it's possible to fix issues from the logs alone, but if not then it's good to know that these crashes exist even if there's no way to immediately fix them.