[1.04 geoscape] CTD after Terror mission

Finished a Terror Mission, got back to Geoscape, saw post-combat report no problem. Until I click on "Accept", then the game crashes.

Once the game has crashed PrtScn doesn't capture the screenshot anymore, so I took a photo. Text appears to be replicated in output.log, also attached.

Savefile is start of last turn, it's easy to kill the last alien to replicate the problem when you get back to geoscape.

Possibly relevant: I started this mission in v1.03 and by the time I finished it we were patched to v1.04

crash.jpg

auto_groundcombat_turn_11_start-262.json output_log.zip

3 hours ago, SoftwareSimian said:

Finished a Terror Mission, got back to Geoscape, saw post-combat report no problem. Until I click on "Accept", then the game crashes.

Once the game has crashed PrtScn doesn't capture the screenshot anymore, so I took a photo. Text appears to be replicated in output.log, also attached.

Savefile is start of last turn, it's easy to kill the last alien to replicate the problem when you get back to geoscape.

Possibly relevant: I started this mission in v1.03 and by the time I finished it we were patched to v1.04

crash.jpg

auto_groundcombat_turn_11_start-262.json 1.89 MB · 0 downloads output_log.zip 216.44 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks. Hopefully I'll be able to hotfix this tomorrow morning!

5 hours ago, SoftwareSimian said:

Changelog for v1.05 said "Fixed a crash that could occur after finishing a tactical mission and returning to strategy" which I assume refers to this issue.
Unfortunately, it still crashes exactly the same in v1.05

output_log.zip 380.64 kB · 0 downloads

The bug that we fixed is that the mission history was broken, so this might actually require a campaign restart or at least rewinding to a strategy save prior to the mission that crashes. But let me check with the coders.

EDIT - yeah, it should work fine if yuo continue playing from a previous strategy save. That tactical mission is corrupted though.

2 hours ago, SoftwareSimian said:

I restarted from the Before Mission (auto) save and re-played the Terror mission and no crash afterwards.

Nice. Unfortunately the next hotfix is going to break saves again though, so if you want to keep playing that campaign then I'd make a copy of the game directories!