[v27.6 ground combat] visibility inside UFO

I've not yet been anywhere near the UFO, its front door is just within my visibility range, and yet I can see all the way through it to the middle of the ship, as well as the external outline tiles all the way to the edge of the map. I can apparently also see off into the north corner as well (train yard) when I've never come anywhere close to there.

20230616083351_1.jpg

auto_groundcombat_turn_3_end-764.json

Edited by SoftwareSimian

On 6/16/2023 at 1:36 PM, SoftwareSimian said:

I've not yet been anywhere near the UFO, its front door is just within my visibility range, and yet I can see all the way through it to the middle of the ship, as well as the external outline tiles all the way to the edge of the map. I can apparently also see off into the north corner as well (train yard) when I've never come anywhere close to there.

20230616083351_1.jpg

auto_groundcombat_turn_3_end-764.json 2.55 MB · 1 download

Thanks. If this happens again, can you include the saves from earlier in the mission? It's kinda hard to understand what might have happened here with just this one.

22 minutes ago, Chris said:

Thanks. If this happens again, can you include the saves from earlier in the mission? It's kinda hard to understand what might have happened here with just this one.

I suspect (without proof) that it might be related to the Sentinel module, I don't remember seeing this kind of UFO-outline visibility before equipping Sentinel, and it happened often after my soldiers had it equipped, but I wasn't paying too much attention. I'll get you early savegames if/when it happens on my Milestone 1.00 playthrough.

1 hour ago, SoftwareSimian said:

I suspect (without proof) that it might be related to the Sentinel module, I don't remember seeing this kind of UFO-outline visibility before equipping Sentinel, and it happened often after my soldiers had it equipped, but I wasn't paying too much attention. I'll get you early savegames if/when it happens on my Milestone 1.00 playthrough.

The game cuts off before the Sentinel unlocks now, so we probably don't have to worry about this bug for another month or two then!