[v17.1] Missing GUI elements?

(Click thumbnails for full size images)

Some GUI elements don't seem to be appearing:

The first are the difficulty images, which don't show initially, but after an Alt-Tab out and back again, show.

th_1.jpg

The second is the Geospace. After Alt-tabbing, the financial information appears in the top right, but no geoscape: obviously this means I can't continue onto playing the game (or finding out if there are other images not loading.)

th_2.jpg

th_3.jpg

Anyone know the cause and/or fix of this?

I'm not able to see the Geoscape at all. Everything else seems to work fine on the menu (no lag or graphical glitching) apart from the difficulty images (the little sillouettes) which appear after a quick ALT-Tab.

On starting a new game, I get the second screenshot with the "Place your initial base" pop up. Clicking anywhere results in nothing, and alt-tabbing just adds the finanical information in the top right. Leaving it to load for 5/10 minutes has also resulted in nothing.

If this will simply be a case of 128mb is insufficent graphics power I sincerely hope it'll be fixed or have a "lower res geoscape" option in final. It'd be madness if Xenonauts final will require a 256mb card, yet many 3d games have no problem with 128mb.

It'd be madness if Xenonauts final will require a 256mb card, yet many 3d games have no problem with 128mb.

Gonna be honest with you here, no 3D games in past few of years have had anything *less* than 256mb as a minimum for the graphics card, and pretty much everything since mid-2011 has needed 512mb.

128mb was the general minimum spec around 2006/2007.

Gonna be honest with you here, no 3D games in past few of years have had anything *less* than 256mb as a minimum for the graphics card, and pretty much everything since mid-2011 has needed 512mb.

128mb was the general minimum spec around 2006/2007.

Incorrect. There has been a large portion of the gaming market, with 3-d graphics, that only require 128mb (infact alot of them don't even need that much).

That statement only stands if we're talking commercial games from major publishers with fancy explosions.

But we're not talking about a game with shiny shiny graphics. We're talking about a turn based strategy that prides itself on a 2d isometric appearance: that is why I'll be disappointed if I can't play Xenonauts, especially as the only system requirements information on the website say,

Initial testing suggests that anything with over 128mb of video memory and more than 1gb of disk space will be able to run the game

If that means anything with 128mb can't play the game, then it should be edited.

Edited by AaronBrudenell
Spelling mistake